Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed whoever owned my truck before me tapped the pyro into the exhaust pipe about 6 inches from the turbo. Am I getting accurate readings or should I compensate a little.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
No you are not getting an accurate reading.

I suggest you relocate the pyro to the exhaust manifold preturbo for the most accurate reading possible.

If you want you can leave the one there and still use it. Just mark the gauge after turbo and the new gauge preturbo. I know a couple that do this.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many degrees would you guess it is off?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I guess I better check mine then

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm wondering cause I'm gonna get a DP chip soon and wanna keep an eye on that.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
How many degrees would you guess it is off?
That would be hard to say. But your off enough to make a difference on wether your going to do damage or not.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks bigcountrysg. I'll have to change the location.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
as long as we are talking about a tuner i have the TS and on the 140 setting it wants to cut out at 2000rmps and feels like it is going to stall, i have a manual 7.3
what am i doing wrong??
Is it programmed for a manual trans or automatic trans. Also your problem may not be the chip, it maybe something else. If you have not done so please start your own thread. Giving information on all your syptoms, as well as evertyhing you have done to try and rectify the problem. Also state everything you have done to try and locate the problem.

But to start with remove the chip and see how your truck runs with the chip uninstalled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts