Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my ESOF system. I have checked everything after the solenoid and everything is fine. If I plug the out line on the solenoid I still have the leak. If I plug the incoming line(the red one) I dont' have a leak. I am pretty sure the solenoid is bad. Does anyone know where to find this part online?? Or a way to rebuild it?? Or the part # so I don't have to spend an hour with the parts guy at the dealership trying to explain what I want.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Problems with the esof are largely associated with vacuum leaks. Is you pump pulling vacuum, does your ac blow through the proper vents? Hub seals and vacuum hoses can also fail.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vacuum pump works as it should. If I leave everything connected the vents all work like they should until I put it in 4x4. It then goes to defrost. I know this is a sign of a vacuum leak. If I plug the black line coming out of the pvh solenoid I still get the vacuum leak in 4x4. If I plug the red line which is the incoming vacuum I don't get a leak. This leads me to believe that the solenoid it self is the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
The vacuum pump works as it should. If I leave everything connected the vents all work like they should until I put it in 4x4. It then goes to defrost. I know this is a sign of a vacuum leak. If I plug the black line coming out of the pvh solenoid I still get the vacuum leak in 4x4. If I plug the red line which is the incoming vacuum I don't get a leak. This leads me to believe that the solenoid it self is the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?
1- the pump works as it should.
2- when switching the esof your vent goes to defrost
3- you have a leak somewhere going to the hub, or the hub seal itself
You have answered all of your own questions. Yes others have had this problem. That is why I'm telling you what you need to check. Inspect the vacuum lines that connect to the hubs, if ok, plug them, then switch your esof and see if the vent goes to defrost. If it doesn't, your hub seal is bad. If it does, you have a leak further back. If you insist on changing the pump, go ahead.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
1- the pump works as it should.
2- when switching the esof your vent goes to defrost
3- you have a leak somewhere going to the hub, or the hub seal itself
You have answered all of your own questions. Yes others have had this problem. That is why I'm telling you what you need to check. Inspect the vacuum lines that connect to the hubs, if ok, plug them, then switch your esof and see if the vent goes to defrost. If it doesn't, your hub seal is bad. If it does, you have a leak further back. If you insist on changing the pump, go ahead.

Didn't read anywhere about changing the pump ...... PVH solenoid, Yes

I am having the same issue. I used a Mighty Vac and pulled vacuum on the line from the PVH to the hubs. It held 15 in/hg for 10 min. Sounds like that part is good to me. I will get a PVH solenoid Monday from my dealer and let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I too just replaced my PVH solenoid and my 4x4 works AWESOME:woot: .If anyone else has the same problems that I had check into the pvh solenoid. You might save yourself some time chasing down a vacuum leak that you don't really have.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
I have been having intermittent front hub engagement for a number of months. It finally warmed up enough for the peeps in the deep south to think it was only cold and for me to be shovelling snow in a T-shirt!

I ended up doing Test I and it looks like the PVH Solenoid is broke. If you back-probe and ground either of the outer wires with the ignition on, you should hear the solenoid click. Mine only did it for one side. Time to go buy a new one.

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts
Here is what it looks like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts