Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , i just want to say ive only been on these forums for a few months now and yall have really helped me with my truck. In no time i have put on my AFE Stage 2, and my 2007 harley headlights conversion. So thanks:thumb:

Now tomorrow me and my friend are putting in my MBRP 4" TURBO BACK STRAIGHT PIPE exhaust tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone has done this and has ANY TIPS to make the installation go as smooth as possible. I read the directions and it says that i am going to have to do some cutting on the downpipe and muffler area of the stock exhaust to get it all out.

Any tips would be appreciated!:thumb:

BTW i got this MBRP system for an amazing price of 283.00 free shipping for anyone else who is looking to upgrade!
MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust 2001 Ford F250 F350 7.3 Diesel:eBay Motors (item 140343254406 end time Sep-30-09 19:53:55 PDT)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can this be done easily without a lift?
its me and my friend and i have a sawsall with a metal cutter blade

·
Registered
243 Posts
I took mine to a muff. shop cuz the only charged me $75 and i wasnt familar with the truck a year ago when i got it done, but it looked pretty straight forward, btw where did you get your 07 lights and grille???

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
you can do it without a lift. The biggest pain is installing the new downpipe usually. Not sure on the 7.3, but at least on the 6.0 that is the biggest pain. jacking truck up so I had plenty of room beneath when running the downpipe up from bottom was the trick for me. Good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's not that bad at all......on a lifted truck. If you have a 2wd I can see it being a little bit of a pain. But overall, a sawzall will come in handy. Leave the new system "loose" like the instructions say, make sure everything is where it should be and bolt her down. IIRC you will have to cut a section of the pipe if you have anything other than a CCLB.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not that bad at all......on a lifted truck. If you have a 2wd I can see it being a little bit of a pain. But overall, a sawzall will come in handy. Leave the new system "loose" like the instructions say, make sure everything is where it should be and bolt her down. IIRC you will have to cut a section of the pipe if you have anything other than a CCLB.
Ok thanks for the help guys:thumb:
i have a 4x4 off road so i can get under it pretty easily but i might jack it up a little bit in the front so i have more room to work with the downpipe.
im excited, i think im going to do the foil delete also tomorrow:woot:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took mine to a muff. shop cuz the only charged me $75 and i wasnt familar with the truck a year ago when i got it done, but it looked pretty straight forward, btw where did you get your 07 lights and grille???
hey man i got the lights off of ebay and they came with an adapter harness for each light also.
they are not OEM but i sealed them up myself with silicone around the edges even though they already sealed them up real good with how they made them.
they were only 184 bucks shipped! and they look exactly like OEM i love em:nod:
i dont have the 2007 front grille yet.....im going to finish my performance first before i finish my 2007/2008 conversion.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lube the hangers so they slide out easy, spray the turbo clamp with some penetrating lube to loosen it, go crazy with the sawzall.

That is a good price, but you missed out on a free t-shirt!!!

MBRP S6200P
ahh hell! yall need to advertise more. ill check your site with my next paycheck lol

·
Registered
772 Posts
I just threw mine on last night with a buddy. It took about 30 minutes to rip the old one off and put the new one on. Very simple.

Surprisingly quiet...May eventually do the muffler delete thing.

My buddy asked if I noticed a power difference...nope...guess I will have to wait for a Chip to take advantage of the free flowing.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok great thanks!

ya i ordered mine with a muffler delete pipe lol im excited its going to roar

·
Registered
652 Posts
Straight 7.3 is awsome I think. Its not a bad job. Just whack the stock exhaust into a few pieces to get it off. I didnt think the downpipe was very hard. Make sure you loosen the clamp holding the downpipe all the way. When I did mine I thought it was stuck but I just didnt have it loose enough to get it to move

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
I swapped mine on in under 2 hours by myself. No lift, not even a jack, but mine is 4wd. I wd-40'd the hangers, cut the pipe right behind the muffler, and in front of the tranny cross member. Then unclamped the down pipe from the turbo and it fell out on its own, pulled the rest from the hangers and it was all out. The hardest part was getting the new dp up in there but once i did i grabbed a jack to hold it in place and clamped it up. After that its just sliding the new pipe together, hanging it, and you're done. Much easier than I expected. I noticed a bit of a power gain, and less smoke actually, but likes been said, I need a chip.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yea I didnt have downpipe issues I had a buddy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts