Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some fun today, and truck runs like a raped ape for just stock injectors with stage 2 nozzles! Even with canned tunes off the x3, can't wait till I get some custom tunes for this thing. Took about 5.5 hours from start to finish and man was it hot out today even in the damn shade!

out with old!
:woot::woot::woot:

·
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On a side note, how much boost is ok for the stock turbo? Just don't want to blow her, with old injectors I would only see around 24-25 tops , now she will get on up to over 30 in a heartbeat.

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
Nice!
Which injectors did you go with? price?

and ive heard anything below 45psi is safe

·
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock spilts with stage 2 nozzles (80% flow over stock) from jim rosewoods. Great guy, very iformative and great contact the whole time. Think it was 2,1xx something but get 800 core back once mine get to him. Went ahead and went with the premium rebuilts so have a one year warranty. Couldn't be happier with the shop I went with and their product!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Nice!
Which injectors did you go with? price?

and ive heard anything below 45psi is safe
Stocl turbo can only handle up to 30psi then after that your jus basically talong the life away from the turbo... but to the OP if u don't mind me asking how much was everything said and done??

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
he said it was around 21xx. with a 800 core return. jim rosewood.

OP, so your running a canned tunes? Still runs good?

·
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he said it was around 21xx. with a 800 core return. jim rosewood.

OP, so your running a canned tunes? Still runs good?
yeap running canned tunes for the time being, till inovational diesel gets back with me if they ever will. Might try calling them soon, they haven't answered an email in a few days. Getting some smoke at take off and such but egt's don't seem any higher but I don't tow much either:rofl: I can say that even with canned tunes this thing hauls *** over what it was. Will shoot up to 30 psi in a heartbeat.:woot:

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
that's awesome! I'm looking at possibly getting some new injectors too... but mine will just be stock for the moment. My baby's got a case of the romps, so new injectors are in my future. does Mr. Rosewood have a website to visit? :thumb:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Why didnt you go with single shots more power less oil and better MPGs??

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Not to hijack or anything but what kind of gains can be seen by ditching the splits and going with singles? I hear a lot of people talking about doing it but I would just like some facts about it.

·
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have no intentions of upgrading turbo or fuel or anything else for that matter so this was best for me and lil cheaper.

that's awesome! I'm looking at possibly getting some new injectors too... but mine will just be stock for the moment. My baby's got a case of the romps, so new injectors are in my future. does Mr. Rosewood have a website to visit? :thumb:
diyinjectors.com:thumb:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
You dont need to upgrade anything else. Stage one single shots create more power than stage 2 splits.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
more fuel efficient too from what i hear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts