Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recentrly purchased a remanufactured engine from J&K Engines in TN. The engine was installed by a Ford Dealership in NE and it ran terrible. They measured two cylinders low on compression. I moved the truck to my hometown in South Dakota (bad issues with NE dealership) and had the engine diagnosed by Don's Ford in Chamberlain, SD. They found the number 1 cylinder has only 130 PSI and the number 3 cylinder has 10 PSI (yes, 10). After pulling the valve cover off and removing the pushrods we noticed they have surface rust on them and are a little pitted (very used) and one of them has a weld (who uses welded pushrods - should be thrown out and replaced). Anywho, J&K is telling us that there was a TSB for 6.0s running low on compression saying the pushrods are too long and they released new, shorter, rods.

Is there any truth to this? J&K is sending us a set of new rods and we ordered one from Don's Ford (will be in tomorrow) to verify. I just get the feeling the company is buying time for my case against them with eBay to lapse.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts