Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey , so i noticed that sometime over the last 2 weeks , some lowlife dirt bag tried to steel my truck.......the only thing they did was punch out my drivers side door lock & pop the plastic cover off the ignition & vice grip it up a bit......popped the cover back on & the key works , not to worried about the ignition......the lock though.....can i but a lock & get it matched up to my key ?? what options do i have ? the passenger door & the ignition are fine & work fine.....thanks for any help or suggestions

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
From what I know, you can get a door lock cylinder with 1 key for $90 from Ford. Then you have to go to a lock smith and have all the locks re-keyed to match. Without replacing all three with a kit the keys will not much which is a pain in the ***.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Call a locksmith and have them put a new door lock cylinder in.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Get a cylinder or two from pick n pull. Take the lock(s) to a locksmith to have them rekeyed to match your key.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
I don't know about the OBS locks, but when this happened to my truck I went to the dealer and bought a new lock cylinder kit. The kit included the cylinder and all the little tumblers to build the cylinder to match my existing key. I bought it from the dealership. I hope that helps...

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
You can get used locks and change the tumbles to suit your needs. Once the lock is in your hands, it takes about 2 minuets to do

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
You can get used locks and change the tumbles to suit your needs. Once the lock is in your hands, it takes about 2 minuets to do
How do you get the front cap off without damaging it, and crimp it back on?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
It has been a few years since I had one apart, but IIRC you access it from the back. Pull the E-clip then the metal tab that the rod goes to.. Then inset the ket to disengage the tumblers. After that i cant quite remember

1 - 10 of 10 Posts