Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have to pump the pedal to start it. Fuel good with diesel clean in the last 5 or 6 tanks. Both fuel filters changed as well as oil and oil filter. Hot shot secert add to last oil change. Blue spring done. FIMC voltage checked key on 48. While cranking 48 and running and reving 48. Batteries load checked goo. Alternator new and checked. Has miss and stumble at lower rpm. Not as noticeable after drove for a little while but still there. This is my first ford and first diesel. Ran fine the first couple months after bought used. Im out of ideas.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
What is your HPOP pressure? Sounds like it is taking a bit to build pressure to fire the injectors. Pumping the pedal doesn't do anything on these vehicles there is no physical connection between the pedal and the engine. It is all drive by wire.

Dik

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is hpop pressure and how do i check it?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
With a monitor, icp pid.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
HPOP pressure is the oil pressure used to fire the injectors. If it is less than 500 then the computer will not fire the injectors to protect them. You can check it by selecting ICP on a Edge CTS. You can also look at injector pulse width to see if they are firing also.

Dik

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Do you have any codes? If it was low pressure it should have a code. Like mentioned above, a monitor is a must for these rigs. It will help isolate the problem.
Is there any smoke coming out of the exhaust? What color? Does it smell like diesel fuel?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No codes, no smoke, no smell. Just like it isnt getting enough to start then maybe like not all injectors are firing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is this a symptom of injector stiction?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Is this a symptom of injector stiction?
No. Check fuel pressure. Do you have the blue spring update, are you using motorcraft filters and caps?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
About 4 seconds then rough for awile. Blue spring and motorcraft filters.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have noticed the miss is between 1200 and 1500 rpm

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts