Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all-So I am new to this website and joined after reading some really good remedies to the usual 6.0 issues that come along with my 6.0 F250. So here is my description for my problem. About a year ago i had the hot start problems,(So i came here to read up) I replaced the STC fittings and all four plugs to the new ones. After last years winter i had taken my truck to the dealer and had the glow plugs replaced on the drivers side(FORD said they were bad after testing). I had the radiator flush done as well. I change my oil every 5k to 6k with approved Motorcraft parts from the FORD dealers. Lat mont i also replaced all 8 injectors as the dealership said 7 of the 8 were bad. Now coming up to my problem. My truck will not start. I had went out to my truck to come home from work and the truck had a slight vibration throughout the start and ride. The next morning i went out to warm it up and went back inside, only to come back out to find it was shut off. I tried to restart and nothing. I replaced both batteries as they were old and no juice(tested at FORD) as well as replaced both fuel filters(Motorcraft). I read through the website and pulled the ICP sensor and the truck fired right up(Idled rough) after there were no previous starts. I plugged back in and no start again. I pulled the ICP sensor and there was no oil but replaced anyways. I replaced and plugged in and it started up but ran really rough with black smoke for about 30 seconds and stopped, Tried again but it would not start. So then I read here once again that I need to check the IPR. I pulled the blower to get to the IPR and the screen was clean and no tears. I am about to reconnect everything as I have just purchased a scan gaugeII. I know this should have been the very first thing I purchased minimal to try an pin-point(lesson learned, trust me). Any input would be beneficial and appreciated.

·
AMERICA!
22,939 Posts
What year is your truck? You might be having a problem with your HPOP. If I was you I would do an air test to see if you have an issue in your HPO system. Pull the valve covers and apply air to the system through the ICP port and listen for gurgling or air. I went to a special fastener store and matched up the threads of the ICP sensor. Have you replaced your standpipes?

Here is what I made up to do an air test....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My truck is a 2006 F250. I have not done a pressure test. I have also replace the stand pipes as well. Would i need to put the turbo back on before doing the pressure test?

·
AMERICA!
22,939 Posts
No, leave the turbo off, it has nothing to do with the pressure test or the HPO system for that matter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I have to get the connector assembly for the compressor, to get this going. I was also reading in previous strings that you need to command the valve to open or close(Not sure). What all does that take if needed? Or can i simply hook up the compressor and blow air?

·
AMERICA!
22,939 Posts
Yes, you will need to command the IPR. Check out this thread and read post #8.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So after the air pressure test i came up with nothing. I finally broke down and took it to the Ford dealer to have it overlooked. I received the phone call the next day and was told that the O-rings went bad on the left side on the of the four injectors. I had just replaced those last month. They apparently said I did not tighten them enough when I had replaced them. I don't know how when I have a digital torque wrench from snap-on that i adjusted to the recommended torque. So after 2k later the truck is running and all is well for now. I appreciate the help and when I need additional help, I will know exactly where to come too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts