Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need to pull the motor to replace the engine oil pan on my 2000 F350 7.3. I was going to see if y'all had any advice on other part that would be good to replace while the engine is out of the truck. The truck has 140000 miles. The parts that have been replaced are HPOP, IPR, GPR, CPS, up pipes. As for the mods I have done are 6.0 trans cooler, 6.0 intercooler, AFE stage II, WW compressor wheel, gauges, BTS valve body, 4" silverline exhaust, DP tuner F5 40 tow, 80 econo, 120 performance. I use the truck many for towing. The parts I was thinking of replacing were the water pump, rear main seal, oil cooler gaskets, glow plugs and under valve cover harness. Also thinking of replacing the torque convertor with a 5R110 unit. If anybody has a suggestion I would be happy to hear it.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
sounds like your on it! i would repalce all those things you suggested if you ahve the cash and want stay reliable. uvch is atossup though. and tqc i dont know much about. how long has it been since youve done the up pipes? if its been a while might as well do them again. is the 5r110 tqc the one that goes in the 6.0?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Remines,

I'm interested in your build. Mainly due to the fact that I'd like to do pretty much the same thing; Pull the motor, and just go to town on it!:icon_ford::icon_ford:

If you don't mind me asking....How much is all of this going to cost you? If you don't feel comfertable posting it, would you please PM me. Trying to get ballpark figures so I can get a rough idea as to how much of my WIFE'S A$$ I'm going to have to kiss to get all this done! :rofl: :doh:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Im also planning the same thing for this winter. I was just going to do the up pipe donuts, oil pan, turbo(replace with van turbo) , and probably cps I also wanted to add a coolant filtration kit. Think the other stuff is necessary for me? I have 108k on the truck now.

·
addicted to diesel
688 Posts
figured id throw a little something in here when i pulled my motor i pulled the header panel and it made getting it in and out so much easier than taking the hood off and pulling up

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Hey Remines,

I'm interested in your build. Mainly due to the fact that I'd like to do pretty much the same thing; Pull the motor, and just go to town on it!:icon_ford::icon_ford:

If you don't mind me asking....How much is all of this going to cost you? If you don't feel comfertable posting it, would you please PM me. Trying to get ballpark figures so I can get a rough idea as to how much of my WIFE'S A$$ I'm going to have to kiss to get all this done! :rofl: :doh:
i have seen kits on ebay fro 900 i think, i dotn knwo if they are reputable or now, just a ballpark fwiw.

Im also planning the same thing for this winter. I was just going to do the up pipe donuts, oil pan, turbo(replace with van turbo) , and probably cps I also wanted to add a coolant filtration kit. Think the other stuff is necessary for me? I have 108k on the truck now.
do you oil cooler too, i wouldnt worry about your uvch unless you want ot be overly thourough, but that would be the best thme to do it. might as well check your injectors out while your in there.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Why are you pulling the motor to replace the oil pan? Seems like it would be A LOT easier to just pull the front axle off.

Or is it not possible to do it that way? That is of course if you don't HAVE to do all those other things like the rear main also.

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
the oil pan wont seal properly if you dont pull the motor. it needs to be upside down. fun i know?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for all of the hints. To answer some of the questions 5R110 or a triple disk? The up pipes were the bellowed ones. I do not have a price yet just seeing what I need to shop for. I would love to do injectors but have to see about the cash. I do not know if stage I or Stage II. Iam not trying to fix all of the problems that are posible just the ones that are most likely.

Thanks for all of y'alls time
Mike

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
the oil pan wont seal properly if you dont pull the motor. it needs to be upside down. fun i know?
There have been several people who have just pulled the tranny and lifted the motor as high as possible and done it without completely pulling the motor... It must be pulled out or up because there's the huge crossmember in the the way.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
what about a bed liner on your new oil pan? rhino or line-x? keep if from rusign again?

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
There have been several people who have just pulled the tranny and lifted the motor as high as possible and done it without completely pulling the motor... It must be pulled out or up because there's the huge crossmember in the the way.
got it, ya i've heard one or two but most of the time i hear its out.

LOL offtopic theres a dodge ram 1500 ad on top of that page.... its amusing. half ton pos.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts