Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so unfortunately my oil pan leak is getting worse, im now going through almost a gallon of oil per week! So im going to start pulling the motor tomorrow and hoping to be able to drive it to work monday :tard:
So any suggestion? Would it be easier to pull everything up front for room? Grill, main support, radiator etc.? Just any advice if maybe somebody has done this already would be greatly appreciated. Also, besides oil pan and rear main seal is there anything else fairly cheap I should do while it is out? Thanks everybody

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Just take out the rad, pulling the other stuff won't do a thing, since the oil pan has to clear the crossmember before it can come forward. Pull off the accessory brackets. It's a PITA, but taking off the turbo will give you extra wiggle room. Up-pipes can stay on the engine, taking off the downpipe will be one less thing to get in the way. Take the straps off for the A/C line on the firewall, and get the line out of the way, otherwise it'll hang up on the clutch/flywheel. Once the engine is clear of the crossmember, turn it 45* or so, so the crank pulley is toward the driver's battery, and it'll pull right out.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome thank you. Sounds like you ran into the same problem?

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Yeah, I just rebuilt my engine about a month and a half ago. You'll also have to discharge the A/C. I unhooked the line on the driver's side of the condensor. Sat the compressor on the cowl with a rag under it to keep it out of the way.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no problem there my A/C condensor has had a hole in it for over a year haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts