Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. just in the middle of a headgasket and stud change and am trying to get the valve bridge out but cant get the hp hose coming off the up pipe off. got the one fitting off that goes into the ho oil rail that feeds the injectors but need to get the other end off without the special ford tool.
any suggestions
clarence

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Is it one of the quick disconnect fittings?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is. the smaller one that is attatched to the stand pipe going down into the motor.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Oh sorry, I went back and reread it. I thought you were talking them off of the HPOP! My bad, I've never taken those off at the motor, but if it is the same type quick disconnects, then it works just like an air hose. I used needlenosed pliers. I'm sure you know this already...

At least I can help bump this up for you...

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
you can use a die grinder wrench. The little black flat wrench 3/4 one end 9/16 on the other. the 9/16 end works great.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet. been sitting here waiting for this. i will go try it out and let you know. i am also at a crossroads as well with the ac system. i cant get it evacuated in my town so im not sure what to do there either or i would have been almost done getting them off by now.
thanks for the fast replies guys
clarence

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i it no problem with a grinder wrench. came off pretty easy. thanks guys. now just the ac refridgerant. does anyone know if r134 is able to be mixed with r12? we have a r12 vacuum pump but i really done care about putting it back in once contaminated with r12 as i can get it recharged at a dealer later on.
thanks
clarence

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
the big die grinder tool works for the lines on the oil rail , ive even barely sharpened the edge a little to help get in there , as far as the a/c get you 3 cans ,and charge it back that way , dont use contaminated freon

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry guys. i didnt make that clear. i want to get the old stuff out of the system to disconnect the lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A vac pump doesn't matter like dirk said, a recovery machine does matter! diff pressures and NO NO NO you can not mix them to go back in. out is fine but if your turning it in they will charge you more for the blend. If you are pulling it out, get the kit for like 20 bucks undo the connector and change the orifice screen while you have it empty of the refrigerant. just use needle nose to slide it out and put back the same color orifice. The cork (seals i think they are) come apart and make you air not work at idle. makes a huge diff and could save your compressor. you can buy all the stuff to charge it yourself at any part store. like 100 bucks its pretty fool proof. I've done 5 trucks for friends and worked great on all. I know I'm off topic now but thought id throw that in there. if its like mine its four cans it says on the label by the radiator. just do the math.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts