1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Built like a rock.......sank like a rock. LMAO.

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts
How did the truck get there in the first place?

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
I'm glad we don't do ice recovery anymore ... I have done it before with out F450's and then our insurance broker told us we aren't covered to have the wreckers on the ice and if a truck went down its our baby for recovery cost and replacement of our wrecker, that was the end of ice recovery for me. we are talking back in 1997...its been awhile :) they were a lot of fun though

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Call Police, claim it stolen, Call insurance, do same, get check, buy PowerStroke!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Wow. Now I hate Duramax's (weight reducing crap aluminum heads didn't help there either did they lol) ... but really, even if he was being retarded, that would suck hard. I'd cry.

·
Registered
905 Posts
They probably HAD to recover it due to contamination. Thats my guess anyway.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
They probably HAD to recover it due to contamination. Thats my guess anyway.
Yeah I was thinking, WHY would he bother? It's obviously ruined. But then I saw the oily water and thought of the diesel, and coolant, and Trans fluid, along with the rest of the truck.

It sure looked nice n' clean comin' out of there though! LOL

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
by law you hav to remove it from the water.. weather it be a skidoo, 4 wheeler, boat or car.. if you dont remove it they will do it and the registered owner gets the bill.. at least here in ontario thats what they do

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
by law you hav to remove it from the water.. weather it be a skidoo, 4 wheeler, boat or car.. if you dont remove it they will do it and the registered owner gets the bill.. at least here in ontario thats what they do
If it gets reported that is. I've heard up north before that started getting enforced people would just leave garbage like fridges in the middle of the lake and once spring came bye bye fridge.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
hmmm never quite thought of that... even tho it was a chevy if it woulda been mine i prob. would a cried also!

·
Registered
139 Posts
that was the blind leading the blind... :hehe:

·
Registered
281 Posts

This is true here and Maine, and IIFC you have to pay any environmental damage costs as well.

This year we had a fully loaded lumber truck go through the Ice(only about 5 feet depth though, it was by shore). It had been running lumber out to an island all winter where someone was building a house, and it went through when we got a warm spell. I think it took and excavator and an other dump truck to pull it back to shore.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
ya I forgot about the enviromental charge we have that too....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts