Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it safe to pull start these powerstrokes its a 1995 with a 5spd, thanks alot. ben.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
huh?!?!?

You can pull start your truck? Never heard of such.. lets see a pic of that!:hehe:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pull it with another truck then let off the clutch with the key on to get it to run. lol

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
not good for any vehicle...........

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
It is a pita to do. To much work for what it is worth. I would rather go get brand new fully charged batteries then trying this again. Take it from someone that has done it.

Also on a 95 I don't think it is possible being you need the pcm to have power. So if your batteries are dead the pcm is not going to work. So you can pull that truck accross the country and I don't think it will ever fire. When I pull started a 7.3L it was the older model that was all mechanical.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
I agree, you need at least 10 volts for the engine to run and if the batteries are too weak to crank, it is probably to weak to run. I may be wrong, but I don't think it will help.

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
He didn't state why it wouldn't start though. If he has power in the batts, but his starter is out then it should be ok. Otherwise i agree with the above statements. It probably wouldn't work.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My dad had an old '94 1/2 PSD that sat for over a year. I asked him if I could have it and he said we'd try to get it running the next time I was down. I live in north Dallas and my parents live down around Beaumont (325 miles). After a little redneck ingenuity with the glow plug harness, we tied it to his tractor, I put it in second with my foot on the clutch and the key on. Took a couple of tries but she busted off and I drove to Dallas the next day. I kept it another year before selling. Great truck. Bullet proof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts