Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to pass along a word or two about these gauges. They seem to be good quality and have some cool functions. The gauges I got are the Prosport premium Peak/Warning boost, EGT, and oil preasure gauges.

First impressions:
These gauges seem to be decent quality. They are full electronic and come complete with sending unit and mounting hardware to mount them free standing if you want. I have never installed gauges of any type before and the directions were a little quirky.

Installation:
Installation was was pretty streight forward and all hardware was included. The cool thing is these gauges can be daisy chained together for power and lights. This made it a snap to install. The connectors on the cables are weatherpak type connectors. The realy only special tool you will need for the install of the EGT or oil presure gauge is a 1/8" NPT tap. I got one from NAPA for 19 bucks, because I couldnt find them anywhere else.

Operation:
When you turn the key on, the guages go through what is called an opening ceremony. The gauge actualy perform a power on self test. My gauges are wired so that during the day, the gauges are lit white and at night when the parking lights are on they go green. The gauges also feature a peak and warning function. During the warning function, the gauge blinks red and beeps at the same time. I have not messed with the peak function yet. One thing I can say is these gauges are realy cool.

Below is the link to the website I bought mine from. I ordered them Thursday morning and got them Saturday. Priority USPS is the way to go and only cost 10 bucks. Wach the video on how these things start, it cool.

Peak Hold Warning Gauges-52mm Peak recall gauges, Boost, EGT, Oil Pressure, Water temp & More

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.