Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,
Well I finally bought an Autometer Boost Gauge off of Craigslist for $20 (pro-comp ultra-light). I had to buy the Auto Meter Boost Line 1/8th inch kit off the internet because the previous owner of the gauge just cut the boost line and threw it out. The kit comes with all the fittings I need (just the 1/8th Compression to 1/8th NPT Male is all I really needed). I went to buy the proper tap for it, and the guys at the autoparts store, Home Depot and Sears all looked at me like I had two heads. I told them what type of Tap i needed and they said they don't carry that. I found this tap on this website------>>

Snow Performance 82012 1/8" NPT Tap

Do you think it is what I am looking for, or do you think they actually sell the Tap I need at the stores I already visited? Here is the website for the Autometer boost line kit as well, if you feel like you want to look.

Auto Meter Boost Line 1/8" (10ft) with Ferrules 3223

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
If you have a Lowes near you, they carry the proper tap.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a Lowe's near me, so thanks for the info. Do you know what size drill bit I would need for the pilot hole?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I do have a Lowe's near me, so thanks for the info. Do you know what size drill bit I would need for the pilot hole?
'R' drill size actually (.3390"). 11/32" is closest fraction (.3437") or 21/64" (.3281)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'R' drill size actually (.3390"). 11/32" is closest fraction (.3437") or 21/64" (.3281)
You guys are quick. Thanks for the info, maybe now I can get this thing installed.

·
Registered
411 Posts
or just remove the AIH, (air intake heater) thats what most will do instead of drilling the intake tube.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
or just remove the AIH, (air intake heater) thats what most will do instead of drilling the intake tube.
I wanted to go that route, but i have an Early 99 with the spider, so I don't have that option

1 - 7 of 7 Posts