Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I traded in my '16 F250 yesterday Negative Equity on a '17 F250 6.7L 4x4 Shadow Black Lariat Ultimate and couldn't be happier :woot:

Today I started the process with 300 miles on the odometer of making her my own... So far I have a 6"-8" Kelderman on the way but will have much much more coming soon :headbang1: So stay tuned it's going to be an awesome ride! You can also follow this build on my Youtube page as well. Please subscribe!

I had just put BRAND NEW 22"x14" Fuel Driller's and 40"x15.5"x22" Toyo M/T's on them but I had the exact same package that I pulled off of it with about 50% tread left on them so of course before trading it in I pulled the new ones off and those will be listed in the For Sale section probably tomorrow. Anyone interested in the mean time feel free to PM me.

Old trucks last time in the air >:) BTW She sure lived up to her name...

And my new baby!!! Won't look like this for long... I dislike Chrome so I've got a lot of ordering to do :doh:

·
AMERICA!
22,939 Posts
This should be good.

Congrats on the new purchase and I am looking forward to seeing the progress.:beer:

Reactions: ARS1

·
AMERICA!
22,939 Posts
I took care of your request, carry on.:beer:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since my old build thread has no pics anymore here are a couple of the old beast so you guys can see what she looked like before I traded her in. I had just installed the bags in the rear 2 weeks before trading it in!!! Helped a lot pulling my enclosed hauler and that's another reason I decided to go with the Kelderman Lift for the new beast. Killing 2 birds with one stone...

This one had a Fabtech 10" 4.0 Coilover Lift w/ Dual Steering Stabilizers & Traction Bars, 40" Toyo M/T's, Fuel Driller 22"x14", AMP XL Steps, Smitty Bilt Bumpers, 12k lb Winch, Tuned & Deleted, Rear Bags, Spyder Lights w/ LED Conversion and a ton more...

·
Registered
160 Posts
The title is only too fitting. But I notice this makes everything even in you sig, everything is now the same year. That '16 was throwing it off :surprise:. I can't wait to see what you have in store for this one. The Kelderman setup seems to be legit.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The title is only too fitting. But I notice this makes everything even in you sig, everything is now the same year. That '16 was throwing it off :surprise:. I can't wait to see what you have in store for this one. The Kelderman setup seems to be legit.
Thanks and yes the '16 was the oddball out and I was honestly OK with that but unfortunately I was having issues obtaining insurance on it...

I'm exited about this new build though and need to get on all the other parts :frown2: So far all I have on the way is the Kelderman kit but that's mainly because the owner of the shop is out of town for 10 days and knowing those kits take a bit to come in we wanted to get it coming before he left. As soon as he gets back the wheels, bumpers and everything else will be on the way. I just need to figure out which direction I want to go with it. It's going to take them a while to install the lift though since it's so involved, so we have a little time to have little things straggle into the shop while it's being built.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just a small update I think after looking at many, many options I'm going to go with these options for bumpers and wheels. Still not 100% on a grill yet but keep leaning towards the Kelderman Grill... There are a lot of odd looking grill options out there for the '17. I might source a paintable OEM grill though and do a few things to that. I actually like the new grill I just don't like it in Chrome!!!

Fuel Crush 22"x14" -70 with 37"x13.5"x22" Toyo M/T's I tend to like the more "simple" wheels. They were trying to get me to get a set of forged for it but I just couldn't find anything that really fit my style preference...

Fab Fours Premium Front Winch Bumper w/ Pre-Runner Bar and Premium Rear Bumper

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered 4:56 Gears, 15.5k lb winch and a few other goodies...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pulled my 24' Enclosed Trailer yesterday for the first time. Wanted to get a feel for how it towed now vs after the lift is done. Plus I had to wash all the toys that were inside...

Should be going in today or tomorrow to start the transformation so stay tuned!!!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Little update since I've been busy and haven't been able to post lately.

Went into the shop last week and as of now the bumpers are installed with the winch and the stock suspension removed to make way for the new lift!!! Next week will yield more progress so stay tuned.

Also had the bed LineX'd and will do the same for the custom bed mount spare tire and hi lift jack carrier that's being made for it.

New Wheels and Tires

Kelderman 6"-8" Lift - Hadley Air Management to arrive Monday.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The lift is coming together! I can say that this lift is very impressive to say the least. Everything is so beefy and they utilized every bit of space they could. Even the rear spring hangers are used to hold the rear expansion tanks for the bags!!! For the money it is a hard lift to beat. Being only a little more than the Fabtech I had on my '16 I can't believe the quality of the Kelderman product and am extremely happy I went this route this time around...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This is the Spare Tire and Hi Lift Jack carrier that we built for the bed. Coated in LineX Premium to match the bed.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And she's finally standing on her own feet!!!

Down

Up

We set the ride height this morning and it looks amazing! I can't wait to get her back...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh and that funky stuff on it is Spray Mask to keep any over spray from the shop off of it. It washes off with water.

Amp sent the wrong steps so hopefully the correct ones will be in tomorrow so they can be installed.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
why didnt you spray the "funky stuff" on the wheels?
The wheels stayed in the box until last night when they were ready for them. The one that was in the bed stayed upside down and covered most of the time. The tires were all just mounted late yesterday though and there wasn't any painting going on anymore.

The builder took it home for the night to make sure everything is good and tight and I will have it back tomorrow! The steps will be arriving in the morning so as soon as they're on I'll be taking it. After I get back from Tallahassee in a week from picking up a car with my enclosed hauler it will go back in for gears and a delete. The S&B Intake is installed already but you don't need a tune for that part. That's a really nice intake and has the battery box built in plus it's a box. I liked the No Limit intake I had on my '16 but the S&B is way cleaner and looks almost factory. I just don't want to mess with tuning before driving 6 hours one way with an enclosed hauler behind me. The support just ins't there yet so I'm reluctant to tune it at this point.

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is all the way down all 4 corners

Reactions: 5.9and6.0
1 - 20 of 42 Posts