Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,well started my interior PROJECT. i work out of town so it will be every sat work only. First off i bought a set of 08 f150 sport seats black leather with reed stitching. the back seat headliner,console lid and sunvisors are getting covered to match at this time. I'm gonna be using all sem interior paint for my panels along with 3m di-noc carbon fiber accents.Havent choosen what deadner I'm gonna install at this time have front doors and rear pillars sealed with stinger expert at this time.Also have all power windows and door locks

·
Registered
448 Posts
Looks very nice, keep us posted with pics. i have done all my doors and some dash accents. need to save up for seats and carpet. i love the way those sport seats look.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks very nice, keep us posted with pics. i have done all my doors and some dash accents. need to save up for seats and carpet. i love the way those sport seats look.
Yea i like them, I had to drill new holes they bolt up on the flat part of the floor pan. I've searched for alot of super duty seats but they are crazy expensive. I gave 400 for the pair, having the lariat back seat to match with console lid and visors black leather and red stitching ,for 625 including black headliner

·
Registered
109 Posts
My brother has those seats in his 150 and man they are some of the most comfortable i've ever sat in. Plus they look awesome

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Looks like they are sitting a bit higher than stock? Or is it the photo? How was the wiring? Looking forward to seeing the final photo. I am wanting to redo my seats and not sure if I want to do what you have done, buy King Ranch seat covers, or take it to a custom shop and max out my CC. The later is probably my first choice. To bad I don't know of a good interior shop around me. If you can PM the name and info of the shop, you ain't to far away from me.
Thanks
NCH

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like they are sitting a bit higher than stock? Or is it the photo? How was the wiring? Looking forward to seeing the final photo. I am wanting to redo my seats and not sure if I want to do what you have done, buy King Ranch seat covers, or take it to a custom shop and max out my CC. The later is probably my first choice. To bad I don't know of a good interior shop around me. If you can PM the name and info of the shop, you ain't to far away from me.
Thanks
NCH
Well I've seen some of his work ill let everyone know how it shows up. They don't sit to high think its just the pic. I was gonna do custom all seats but priced around 2200 and I'm hoping to have that in the interior. Not counting my stereo upgrades

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I too loved my f150 seats thats a great idea and it looks great too :thumb:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well hopefuly my rear seat is gonna be done this week and headliner center console lid. Ordered all my sound deadening products today from second skin, awesome company to deal with placed the order at 4 and had ups shipping by5:15

·
Registered
455 Posts
Looking great so far. Keep it up

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looks great man! Can't wait to see the final product! I put '02 F150 KR seats in my SD and love them! Always nice to do something a little different. Good job!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reason for roof rattle

First layer of damplifier pro

Second heat wave pro

Headliner Installed

Back Seat

Console Lid

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice work man! I'm inspired! My 02 lariat leather is really showing its age... Looks like its time for an upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
246 Posts
Damn, bro. Thats one beautiful interior. It's looking great. Also, I would love to go for a ride in your truck and see how it sounds with the soundproofing. Do you still hear that diesel rumbling?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice work man! I'm inspired! My 02 lariat leather is really showing its age... Looks like its time for an upgrade!

Thanks its a lot of work and money so hope it looks nothing of its age
Sent from my iPhone
Damn, bro. Thats one beautiful interior. It's looking great. Also, I would love to go for a ride in your truck and see how it sounds with the soundproofing. Do you still hear that diesel rumbling?
Ah so far it made a huge difference in air noise and interior noise.yea I still hear the diesel but gonna try and calm that down here prob next week

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nice work!

I have a bunch of .80 mill that I was going to put in my Ranger that I plan on using in the Super Duty. I think to remove most of the diesel noise inside is to run some deadening under the carpet and up the inside of the firewall where most of the noise passes through. Also maybe running a insulated mat on the inside of the hood like some cars have to absorb some noise.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ah so far it made a huge difference in air noise and interior noise.yea I still hear the diesel but gonna try and calm that down here prob next week
How much square footage did you have to cover? I'm wanting to do this to my truck, only it's and ext cab, but I want to do floor and firewall. I was also thinking of trying the spray on stuff from Second Skin or the Lizard Skin..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much square footage did you have to cover? I'm wanting to do this to my truck, only it's and ext cab, but I want to do floor and firewall. I was also thinking of trying the spray on stuff from Second Skin or the Lizard Skin..
I'm not exactly sure. I ordered 80 sq of the damplifer pro still have alot left my front doors and rear pillars are already done with stinger expert will have luxury liner pro over top of it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well dash is out. im installing heat wave pro behing all of it,doubt ill do any damplifier pro metal is already rigged. Getting dyed tomorrow

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Banned
287 Posts
how difficult was it to remove all of the dash? I'm getting ready to do this when I get home and need some input...I'll be completely removing everything and thinking about sound deadening my firewall and also wondering about maybe if you found the GEM module? how long did it take you to remove all the dash?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts