Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any of you guys have any information on which programers out there have the capabilities to change the tire size? I know that Edge has it but they do not offer a DPF Delete option. I looked on the SCT site and they do not mention if they do or don't have the capabilities to change tire size. How about the Spartan programer will it have tire size capabilities?

thanks for the info in advance....:thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
The Edge will NOT fix the speedo.

I have the Edge Evo, with a Custom DPF delete tune in it, and my speedo is off.

Now I can set the tire size in the unit and have the correct MPH displayed on the actual Edge unit, but it will not correct the speedo on the truck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i had the Edge on my 2006 F150..

I read somewhere that there is a device like a speedo healer that you can purchase to correct the speed. Anybody know the name?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
There is a unit that can fix the speedo, and pull codes...for the life of me I cannot think of the name right now...its just under $300 if I remember right.

Its not the superlift, nor the procomp part.....but some other brand...I just cannot think of it right now.

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Thats not the one I am talking about...theres another...not the superlift part...and it has an 08 application.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats the correct one.....but I haven't heard or seen anyone use it
I called and the guy gave me a phone number to the place. They are out to lunch when they retrun I'm calling again. I want to know what you have to cut. According to the guy on the phone he said it was very easy on wire from the rear Diff and that was it.

So I will let you know once i get the skinny....

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I called and the guy gave me a phone number to the place. They are out to lunch when they retrun I'm calling again. I want to know what you have to cut. According to the guy on the phone he said it was very easy on wire from the rear Diff and that was it.

So I will let you know once i get the skinny....
sweet....keep us up to date for sure

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Yes please keep us updated, at first for $300 I thought it was crazy, but after driving my truck for 4000 miles I would like to have an accurate speedo

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I have had it about 6 weeks or so now...

2 round trips from here to Jasksonville to Mud Creek (400+miles each)

ANd I own a construction company here do a bit of driving around checking on things...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a response back from the folks at TS Performance. The device is real simple, it splices into one wire coming from the VSS (vehical speed sensor) located at the rear end. The box has dip switches that you set for your tire diameter and RPM's. it also has an additional switch that you can turn on in order to turn off the speed limiter on the truck. You do not have to use this feature. The part number for our babies is:

1190130 and sells for $299.00

he said that they usualy ship out in a day but they are real busy these days with orders for this item. This part number also works for the 08 ram and duracraps

in my research i also found out that the SCT programer will write the tire size change to the ECM. So it will correct the speedo as well, this is food for thought since they offer the DPF delete option and tune... just food for thought...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Got a response back from the folks at TS Performance. The device is real simple, it splices into one wire coming from the VSS (vehical speed sensor) located at the rear end. The box has dip switches that you set for your tire diameter and RPM's. it also has an additional switch that you can turn on in order to turn off the speed limiter on the truck. You do not have to use this feature. The part number for our babies is:

1190130 and sells for $299.00

he said that they usualy ship out in a day but they are real busy these days with orders for this item. This part number also works for the 08 ram and duracraps

in my research i also found out that the SCT programer will write the tire size change to the ECM. So it will correct the speedo as well, this is food for thought since they offer the DPF delete option and tune... just food for thought...
Hey you finally got it right :rofl:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey you finally got it right :rofl:
yea and you let me write it the wrong way for how many months? :hehe:

hey I may have something for you to install... what you doing this weekend? :rofl:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the SCT but I haven't seen a tire size option in it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have the SCT but I haven't seen a tire size option in it.
I spoke to them on the phone today and the tech department verified that it is on there. They also have it advertised on their site as an option as well. I just wanted to make sure that it was written to the ecm as opposed to just being displayed on the monitor

1 - 20 of 24 Posts