Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose anyone have a 94 powerstroke? if so what programmers will work with it? the odd part is the body is stamped turbo diesel but it has a powerstroke. what is the diffrence and what can i do to get more power besides zost, infectors, and intake? Thanks

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
dose anyone have a 94 powerstroke? if so what programmers will work with it? the odd part is the body is stamped turbo diesel but it has a powerstroke. what is the diffrence and what can i do to get more power besides zost, infectors, and intake? Thanks
infectors? I dunno, are those a pretty good upgrade? Never heard of them

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is a powerstroke i have had three before sorry injectors i cant spell my name

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what programmers will work with my truck being an odd make

·
Registered
888 Posts
is your 94 turbo'd? if not i would get a turbo kit for it with an intercooler.... then a custom tuned chip like a tony wildman or dp... oh and of course some gauges
Ummm, Raul.

If his truck was a IDI without a Turbo like you are asking, then please tell me HOW he would get a chip for it after he buys a turbo kit?

Sorry, but you can't add a Chip to an IDI truck :thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
thats why i asked the first questions but he didnt answer it... so i just put it up their just in case he had a PS and not a IDI
Very true, but I must have read it wrong, it seemed like you was asking if he had a turbo, if not, then add one and then a chip. ;)

Also, Even if he had a Turbo, since it was 1994, he could have an IDI still.

In 94 you could get 3 different engines.

IDI without Turbo, IDI with Turbo or PowerStroke with 5 Speed MANUAL Transmission only.

The really EASY way to tell if someone has a PSD or an IDI in 94 is if they have a Automatic Transmission, then it is always an IDI :thumb:

·
Registered
888 Posts
also right after my first post he posted that it was a PS so i assumed it wasnt a IDI :) i guess too many assumptions on my part
You are right to think that it might not be though.

I have know MANY people to buy trucks and be TOLD they bought a Power Stroke, but in turn they be IDI's with Turbo's.

Every one uses the name Power Stroke to describe the Ford Diesel Engine, but that really isn't the case because Ford didn't use the name until the Direct Injection Engine came out in 94 ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very true, but I must have read it wrong, it seemed like you was asking if he had a turbo, if not, then add one and then a chip. ;)

Also, Even if he had a Turbo, since it was 1994, he could have an IDI still.

In 94 you could get 3 different engines.

IDI without Turbo, IDI with Turbo or PowerStroke with 5 Speed MANUAL Transmission only.

The really EASY way to tell if someone has a PSD or an IDI in 94 is if they have a Automatic Transmission, then it is always an IDI :thumb:
mine has the 5 speed so yall would go with the chip over a programmer

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im buying gauges then i will get with tony wildman on a chip. thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts