Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back I ordered a river city diesel egr delete for my 07 f-250 and haven't had the chance to install it.. A guy at work has the same truck and told me he is running an sct tuner with the electronic egr valve shut off.

If I'm reading things right online, New York requires the egr. To avoid emissions issue during inspections Is skipping the delete and just shutting off the egr valve electronically a good idea or even possible? Never heard much about this option till this passed week..

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I live in PA and I don't have emissions testing other than what they look for during normal inspection. With that said I decided to keep my EGR equipment except I upgraded to a BPD egr cooler and just shut the valve off. I don't have a reason competition wise to justify deleting the EGR valve when I can just shut it off. I've been this way since 2011 with out any issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where in NY are you? If you are not downstate don't worry about it. Also if your trucks registered for more than 8500 pounds its safety only, no emissions.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
So do you order tuning with the EGR still functioning and then turn it off when asked by
the SCT if you would like to change any settings before loading a tune ?
Also , has anybody run performance tunes with the EGR turned on ?
Not trying to hi jack your thread OP , hoping we can all learn from the more knowledgeable
people on here .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts