Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
have a another problem with my dads truck,.... when you go to back up it feels as if there is a lot of resistance, you can watch the drive line see it almost binding up about every 1/3 of a turn, we unhooked the drive line at the rear end and did not feel anything wrong with it,
the tranny was gone throught about 3000 miles ago by a reputable guy

can the t-case do this?
thanks
frank

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Sounds to me like a torque converter problem. If you had the trans rebuilt and if it is still under warranty take it back. It could either be the Torque converter or the trans control module. Only way to find out is by having the transmission hooked up to a diagnostic computer. A regular code scanner will not tell you anything.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the auto inginuity program....can it diagnois trans problems

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
i have the auto inginuity program....can it diagnois trans problems
I don't know I don't have auto enginuity yet. Pm Dave on here he has it and uses it regularly. He would be able to tell you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have this same problem, feels like the ebrake is on but its fine forward. how could this be the torque converter if forward is fine? My truck has 135k on it and I am guessing that if I am going to pull the trans to preplace the converter I might as well have a shop go through the trans. before I bought it had a snow plow attached so that tranny might have had to work hard. I have a guage on it and it has never gone above 180, usually runs less then 150 unless I am in slow traffic.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is just like my dads tranny, i moved the truck today so i could get it the shop, well it backed up just fine. are there any solenoid's that control just reverse?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts