Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my truck was running fine. It was taking off no problem, had plenty of thrust, & when you stomped on it, it took off like a bat out of hell. Now yesterday, I took it to work & I'm not getting any power! I can hear the turbo spooling, but's it's not making that high-pitched whistle it normally makes. My boost guage isn't reading anything @ all. The funny thing is: the engine is running fine, there are no funny noises coming from the turbo or the engine, no exhaust leaks, & no SES light from the truck or ALERT from the Six-Gun. Today, I pulled the intake sleeve off the turbo to check the compressor wheel. It didn't appear to have any damage, I can still spin it with my finger, & when I'm spinning it, it's not making contact with the compressor housing. What the F?!?! My turbo's no longer giving me love! Can anyone help?:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does the turbo spin when the engine is running? Is it a 6.0 or 7.3?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the turbo spin when the engine is running? Is it a 6.0 or 7.3?
Under acceleration it does. It just doesn't reach full potential. It's a 7.3, by the way. If it helps, it's modified with: Banks Compressor wheel, Big Head wastegate acutator, & Power Elbow. The wheel doesn't appear to be damaged, & like I've said; you can hear the turbo spooling, but doesn't seem to reach full boost.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I found the problem. The "T" for my boost line was broken. I just can't believe that little piece of plastic was causing severe power loss:ranton:! Anyway, I went to the parts store & scooped another T of the higher quality variety. Popped 'er in & I'm back to driving sideways because it's raining today:hehe:!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts