Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After hitting the ditch in front of my dads house I have noticed that my swaybar drop link end has hit my new traction bar. Their is roughly about 2 inches of room between the bar and the end link now with no load. My son sits on the tailgate and it drops down to about an inch. Evidentley when you turn into a ditch with one rear tire it will hit. Thought I moved the rear axle mounts over enough but did not.
SO heres the question:
1. Can I cut a few inches out of the new drop links on the sway bar and weld them back together raising the angle of the bar a little?

2. Can I simply take the rear sway bar off? I have the traction bars now kinda redundent isnt it?

3. As a last resort I can make another bracket for the back and weld it on opposite the other (making 3 total on each side under the axle) and move it over 3 inches or so clearing the sway bar drop links.

4. Move the traction bar over towards the rear tire and bolt it thru one rear axle bracket only?? Brackets are cut from 1/2" plate and welded 100% around to the axle solid.

I do not tow anything or do any hard off roading. The only time 4x4 gets used is when we go surf fishing and I have to pull my buddy down the beach in his dodge.

Please let me know......need to iorn this out asap. Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will it hurt for me to take the bar off???? Would like some feedback on this please!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I took my bar off completely, did'nt even notice it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts