Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2006 Ford F-350 4D 4WD Lariat LB
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 F-250 6.0L PSD 4D SB.

I bought a 110 amp alternator at Napa last year after my OEM alternator wore out. The batteries in the truck were installed 4 months prior to that. The Napa alternator just wore out itself and I am going to take it back as it is still under warranty.

The repair shop just put in a new CarQuest alternator and now I get the battery indicator lighting up already - the new alternator has been in the truck only 4 days. I have taken the truck back and they are looking at the issue.

I want to know if the radio might be the culprit - for years I had the stock radio installed, with no issues. I installed the new radio [
] and it has run fine on the Napa alternator for 7 months. I want to compare the amp draw on both stereos, but I cannot find out what the amp draw on the original OEM radio was, I have searched high and low on the internet. Does anyone know where I might find this info on the original stock radio?

Premium Member
Check wiring closely, those alternator wires get brittle and start to crumble after time and heat.

Registered
2006 Ford F-350 4D 4WD Lariat LB
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure it was the radio, but I do not run anything else off of the power that isn't stock. I don't even run my CB anymore. So it was why I kind-of-sort-of suspected the radio.

I did get my money back from Napa, though - $185.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.