Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, When I fire my truck up after it has not ran for several hours (overnight or during school) the idle sounds terrible like the turbo is not spinning. I have been letting it warm up for 5 or more minutes. When I go to drive, it has no power at all, tops at about 20mph, smokes extremely thick black smoke, builds 0psi boost even at WOT. and sounds terrible (again like turbo is not spinning). I drive like this for about a mile, turn off the truck and then fire it right back up. After that it runs like new, everything normal. It only does this after sitting for more than 3-4 hours. I have all of the mods in my signature. I unplugged the EBP sensor to see if that would change it and it made no difference. Any suggestions of help would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I dont have a check engine light and I dont know about codes. Your explanation makes sense but do you knoe of how to fix the problem?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where is the EBPV located? I have had this truck for less than a month and dont know much about where things are. Its my 1st diesel. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks I will go unplug that now and see if it helps.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I unplugged the electric plug going to the EBPV. I will let it sit overnight and see what it does in the morning. I will get back to you on what happens sometime tomorrow when I get home. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if I unplugged the connection when the valve was closed, will it remain closed and I will have the problem until i plug it back in, or will it open and just say open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.