Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought with all the people posting about issues they are having with our trucks i would toss one up about how good mine is doing.
I did have my issues with oil coolers but once I got all that squared away my truck has been the most reliable and problem free truck. The other day i realized it had been a month since i even raised the hood. It just goes to show if you take care of the basic fixes for these 6.0's they are reliable, powerful and very fun to drive. I put Eric's tunes on it and wow what a truck. I thought since my truck has been behaving and i haven't been having to spend money on repairs i would buy it some new toys. So I found a great deal on a ARE bed cover and I put on a set of new wheels. Thanks again to all the org members who give there time and knowledge to help keep these trucks on the road. Here is an updated pic.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
"Silence is Golden", but it is great to hear how much someone does enjoy "our" engines. Great post. You happy with the 2" lift?:wink[3]:

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the lift, it was very easy to put on. It took less than an hour. My truck looks exactly like I envisioned when i got it. The bed cover thing is something iv never had before, im usually a toolbox/headache rack guy but i like it so far.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That's how mine was for the longest time. I caused more trouble than it caused me. Looks good BTW.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah I love my truck. 2005 CCLB FX4 Lariat and I've been in love ever since. My truck still has the original TTY bolts and still runs strong. While I do plan on doing studs soon I don't necessarily need them right now. The truck has been good to me, never left me stranded. When you treat them right they return the favor.

Sent from my SGH-T989

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not to jinx it, but I put 35k on my truck in the last year and only a small problem with the Y pipe that was promtly fixed and made better by me! I love my truck! :woot:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I have been fortunate as well. My 06 now has 141k on it and the only "repair" I have done is dummy plugs last month and alternator several years ago. I love my truck!!

·
Premium Member
10,272 Posts
218k going strong, did the studs "just cause"...I still have all the original injectors still running like a champ.

·
Registered
613 Posts
wow this truly is a breath of fresh air considering how much failure discussion there is on this forum with our 6.0's. I would like to see an actual percentage of how many of them failed. 67k miles on mine (with stock egr and all stock motor components) and all its needed was a new degas cap in 07 and a stuck caliper about 3 months ago. The funny part is that the truck has only been serviced at ford using ford fluids.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts