Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would like to buy overhaul kits for all 4 brake calipers for my 2006 F350 6.0 DRW. I had hot brakes on the front axle last year. I renewed the front calipers, now I have in front right again sticking pistons. The exchange calipers were from Raybestos and are badly made. I have an agricultural machinery workshop and have often overhauled brake calipers.
Only to get good parts for my SD is very difficult here in Germany. I am now looking for high quality overhaul kits. Thanks

·
california deplorable
10,515 Posts
i have heard good things about powerstop but...
that's all i got for ya :D
i had a glitch with my rear ad pulled the pins sanded them down cleaned em up and regreased them and havent had an issue since if that helps:dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,722 Posts
Did you buy re manufactured raybestos? Reason I ask is because they make brand new calipers, I put their new ones on the back of my 05 and they're great.

RockAuto has pistons and seal, don't know if they ship to Germany though.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2005,f-250+super+duty,6.0l+v8+diesel+turbocharged,1430816,brake+&+wheel+hub,caliper+piston,1724

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2005,f-250+super+duty,6.0l+v8+diesel+turbocharged,1430816,brake+&+wheel+hub,caliper+repair+kit,1720

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vehicle is a camper and weighs 6.5 metric tons. Are there brakes with better braking performance as the original ones?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tested how the piston "grows" when it gets warm. Dry installed, they probably get stuck.

·
Administrator
29,154 Posts
the sticky caliper is not an epidemic , just an occasional occurrence
the phenolic pistons were supposed to prevent this better than a metal piston

it happens yes but other factors can contribute like bad fluid , bad hoses that keep pressure applied
my camper weighs 5.6 metric tons and does not kill calipers, I am still on OEm at 155,000 miles

the tow haul sure helps slow these pigs down
good luck on your quality rebuild kit search

1 - 7 of 7 Posts