Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my superchips on either high/performance or tow/performance and when your driving and you give it over half throttle or go over 2000 RPM it start missing and running really rough. It doesn't do this when it on tow/safe. It also has a long crank before starting.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Use your superchips to scan your truck for any codes! It could be lots of things and a good starting point is to scan for codes to narrow down what to do next:thumb:

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
I would try to return it to stock programming and see how it runs maybe those two files are corrupted. If the truck does the same thing I would get your fuel pressure checked next.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Also when is the last time you changed your fuel filter? And what oil are you using and how old is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It runs fine in stock and in tow/safe. I just replaced the fuel filter before this and I'm not sure about the oil, I'll change it in the next few days when I have time.

·
Registered
659 Posts
has nothing to do with the chip you are running the chip means more fuel so that in my opinion is the culprit.i would check ipr orings and make sure the oil is in good shape if it does not have codes.i could be a bad programmer but i dought it.i bet it is ipr orings.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
FYI, a tuner or chip will cause that code. Not just a chip. And since the tuner he is running works one setting fine but the others not so good, say to me that there are other issues. Could be leaking O rings but it could also be injector O rings or a bad UVC harness. I would first get a scanner on it that can monitor things while driving and check the ICP, EOT, TPS and manifold gauge pressure. Then monitor the ICP during start up. That would be my first start and then there is a ton of things I would monitor while I drove it for about another hour.

Is there a way to turn off the caps there Ford Guy?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Is the tuner the 1805? 2003-2007 6.0. A couple of questions, 1) when was the last time that the tuner was updated?. when updating the tuner do you shut down you fire wall?, the reason I'm asking is if you do not close the fire wall you will not get a complete update. 2) Before you update your truck super chips suggests that you return to stock, then update with the new down loads from the internet. The 1805 tuner is a great tuner that will give you safe horse power and years of use. Good luck!!

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I will go out on a limb here and say it is for a 7.3 since it is in the 7.3 section.

If not then the OP needs to ask a mod to move this thread to the small powerstroke section.....LOL......

..I said small powerstroke........LOL.......

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had the same issue with my 1805 flashpaq. I tried everything they wanted me to at superchips. Then I sent it in to them. They said they didnt have a file built to my vin and that was causing the problem. When I got it back, it did definitly run better ( no missing). They would not elaborate on what exactly the problem was though.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
OOPS, sorry about the caps I have them on all the time because of the computer system at work andI forget to turn them off.
I stand corrected tuner or chip thank you.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Go the superchips route first. Call them and be patient, they wouldn't win any races...lol They are extremely slow, but they will eventually fix your problem.

·
Registered
659 Posts
hey ford guy the ipr will almost never throw a code bud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I changed the oil and tested the superchip on another 7.3 and it worked fine. So it's not the superchip. I will try get it hooked up to a scanner. I have one at work I can borrow.
It kinda seems like a fuel issue, when you go past half throttle it spits and sputters and at first black smoke comes out then white then no smoke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
FYI...One time when I changed my fuel filter, I put the beveled rubber gasket for the cap in upside down and had similar "roughness." That you described. Might be worth checking...or maybe I'm the only moron that would do such a thing...
I noticed you said you changed your fuel filter before this problem...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts