Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
No they are not. IIRC a couple guys from Superchips, left and started SCT. I could be wrong though

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Looks like they licensed some technology and the name from SuperChips according to Ken on FTE...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Still confused....................................... :dunno:
Two separate companies? SCT licenses just the name(?) from SuperChips, or more? SCT sells both chips and flash tuners? SuperChips sells just flash tuners? So, their programming has to be different, unless SCT licenses that from SuperChips, also. Why would SuperChips do that? How, in the world, does anyone figure out which one to buy? Or does SuperChips just hope that customers will buy one or the other so they'll make a little money?
Now, I'm REALLY confused....................... :crazy:

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
This is from several years ago, when burned chips were the norm and flash tuners were just starting to break into the market. I don't actually know, but I would assume that SCT was hoping that licensing the name with a large market presence like SuperChips would give them easier penetration into the marketplace. Then, they "one upped" their competition by offering custom tuning parameters using the flash tuner.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
They are two seperate companies. Yes they used to be combined. When SCT split, SCT went for the high performance market. If you call Superchips they will explain this, they do not offer or give their tuners/chips the ability to be custom tuned. At one time they did offer different tunes though. They stopped doing so due to the problems with the 6.0 and others plus the liability concerns.
This information came from a tech. guy at Superchips.

EDIT: Re. Tanks 250 Superchips is Superchips, Inc now owned by MSD and SCT is Super Chips Custom Tuning as the box says

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks like they licensed some technology and the name from SuperChips according to Ken on FTE...
Ken is an idiot and thinks he is the FTE god.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts