Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been posted,:dunno: but thought I would run it. Was wondering if these outragoeus fuel prices are changing anyones plans for the summer. I know I heard on the radio that some survey was saying that 50 percent of the population has canceled there spring trips due to them, what about the diesel crowd? It hasnt really changed my life style, since I just drive to work and dont really do any traveling. Thought this could be a gripe outlet.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I refuse to let it change my plans... I enjoy life to much to sit at home and brood over it.

Sure it costs more, I just don't put quite as much into my savings as I used to... oh well... I still enjoy life.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
It hasn't really stopped me it just made things a little harder. I take the trailer out and go camping and this summer will be the boat but now I have to plan a little more to make sure ill have the 300 or so for gas. So it won't stop me just have to set a little more money a side

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not me either, I make money on my truck. My company gives me a very generous truck allowance, they pay all maintenance, mods, insurance, registration, and fuel. I fuel up at least 2 to 3 times a week, so to say the least it's nice to be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
it doesnt bother me much, personally. but business wise it sucks cause we have to add fuel surcharges... and i dont like that, and for this summer, thats why one of my boats is a sailboat, with a diesel for when the wind dies!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted,:dunno: but thought I would run it. Was wondering if these outragoeus fuel prices are changing anyones plans for the summer. I know I heard on the radio that some survey was saying that 50 percent of the population has canceled there spring trips due to them, what about the diesel crowd? It hasnt really changed my life style, since I just drive to work and dont really do any traveling. Thought this could be a gripe outlet.
Don't take my Dually on vacations,got a Vette for that.Haven't driven my truck in months due to the prices and a company truck that I drive to work.damn shame.:(

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Fuel prices won't stop me either. Although I have to say I don't have any plans this year to drive too far away, and for me that's an oddity. I am normally driving everywhere. This year has just worked out to be a local one. My big trip I am flying overseas. Next year though will be more driving, I can see it already.

·
Conservative and Proud
14,493 Posts
Less trips to the dunes but the ones taken will be longer.:woot:

Holding off on purchasing a toy hauler... thinking people might start to sell and I can get one cheaper!:nod:

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Yea,,,,,it's a bummer digging deeper in the pockets but still gotta get out and go. No since sitting home sulking over it. Yup,,it sucks but we gotta suck it up. just have to cut back a bit on the luxury items. " MODS DON"T COUNT" There a must!! I tell my wife: They make the truck better honey:woot:
She still would rather climb up in the rig:thumb:

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Well the way I look at it is.. I'm not rich but I wont stop living due to fuel costs..

I just filled up tonight cost me $174.50 to the cap, the fuel light was on and the manual says I have a 148 Litre tank .. I brought it up to the cap it took 144 Litres

Such is life, and if you think about it some other countries have had the prices we are paying right now for years.. guess its our turn to bend over and take it dry

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
the fuel prices get in the way but i just save up a little more if i want to go anywhere. i talked the boss into giving me a take home truck so that will save on fuel/ wear and tear on the ol' rig.

·
The Lady Mod
8,515 Posts
It is causing me to re-think going to some of the GTG. That just makes me MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Less trips to the dunes but the ones taken will be longer.:woot:

Holding off on purchasing a toy hauler... thinking people might start to sell and I can get one cheaper!:nod:
Smart girl on the toy hauler.:thumb: I wil be going to SSS, but thats about it.:)

·
Registered
517 Posts
It won't stop me, it will just slow me down a little. Instead of going home to Tn every 3 or 4 weeks I 'll bring my atv here to ride and camp a little closer to home. Whats gonna kill me this year is the fact that I have used all but 3 1/2 days of my vacation and don't get it back till january. I can always take the days off unpaid and I use to do that but with this economy I'm not getting any OT to compensate for it so I won't be doing much of that.

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
i own a land development company and my fuel bill is horrendous. what sucks is i am unable to pass it on to the consumer because of having to competetive bid almost all of my work. with the economy in its slump, the unit costs in my industry are low; raise prices too much and never get work. NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
travel

It won't stop my travel but most of my camping trips will be in New England.I have my trips planned now I just have to save up for them. I only drive my truck once or twice a week now just to keep it running.I don't care for that but it does stay cleaner longer sitting in the yard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll say we had to change our lifestyle!
We sold my wifes 2005 F250 and bought a 2008 Toyota Corolla
Now, as much as that truly both sucks and blows- we are saving about $800.00 a month in fuel cost and lower payments.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
These liberal hippies that have no brains are not going to stop until we all drive Hybrids... but they don't understand is, 18 wheelers are what america runs on, and there are no hybrid 18 wheelers. so america is still F'kd.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Don't take my Dually on vacations,got a Vette for that.Haven't driven my truck in months due to the prices and a company truck that I drive to work.damn shame.:(
Wish I had a vette what year? And that sucks you live in evans, I was so happy to get outta augusta.

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts
Still driving it to work every day, but let it sit on weekends and take the wife's Impala. It's got my son looking for a reg. cab Toyota with a blown engine so he can drop a 1.6L VW diesel engine into it. I may see if we can do two of them! I don't want to get stuck with a gasser. Bio and vegi are options I want to keep open.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts