Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping around and went to the dealer today to buy a 2011 F250 Lariat FX4 and when I got there it had just been sold, guy was signing the papers. So the salesman showed me this King Ranch with every option but it was a demo truck and had 5300 miles on it. My question is what is a fair number that they should take off the price of the truck since it does have 5300 miles on it. It is still considered "new" since it was never titled. I have X plan pricing through my company and I am more than likely going to take the rebates too. Sticker was $65k on this truck and they kept coming back with an offer like it had 0 miles on it when it had 5300. Anyone have some input on what would be reasonable price wise to come off for the miles on it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Don't know what price for the extra miles would be but I also priced out a new 2011. I went with all the rebates and hacked them for what the best price I could. When I told him I could get X plan price that negates the VINCENT rebate of 750. The X plan price was 364 bucks more on the truck than using the rebates. In my case the X plan price was not worth buying it that way.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I would not let them sell it to you as though it were new. Those 5300 miles were not nice easy ones. It was on and off full throttle runs to "show" the customer the power and families crawling all over the leather looking at the truck. It may be considered "new" but they should sell it priced like a used one. Ask to see invoice for the truck, it should be between $50,000 and $52,000. They should sell it to you for below invoice. Tell them that the truck has already made them money by selling other trucks to the customers. If they don't want to work with you then get the heck out. I would really play on the fact that the truck has so many miles. Also, if you do buy it, make sure that your bumper to bumper warranty extends to show 36,000 miles from the amount of miles that are on it on the day you take possession. If they don't, make em throw in an extended warranty to cover the miles that you didn't put on it since they are considering it new and new trucks usually have less than 100 miles on them. I worked for a dealer and know their scams, don't let these people take you for a ride at your expense. You should be able to walk out the door paying less than 50k for this truck, and personally I wouldn't pay more than 45k. Remember this is the truck that all the salespeople took out and beat so they could "learn" about the new trucks.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Whether titled or not....it has over 5000 miles. It is USED. I'd look at what a used one with 5000 miles is worth. Start there...not at new pricing.

You should see a big discount...and just might be a sweet way to get into one of these monsters for a good price.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Before I bought mine 2 weeks ago I was looking at the exact same truck at another dealer that had 4000 miles on it that the owner had put on it. I told them I was looking at another truck identical to it, but it only had 100 miles on it. Mined you there was only 30 dollars in sticker price difference between the two. When they called me back with their best price they were 2000 dollars higher than the one with 100 miles on it. I asked where the discount was for all the miles? They responded that was their best price take it or leave it. So I left it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input so far. I was thinking the same way as most of you had said. I made them an offer yesterday I thought was fair for the truck having 5000 plus miles on it and he still came back with a new price. They tried to act like it was the last king ranch ever made so I just told them I'd go buy a 0 mile truck for the same price (I already knew where 4 more were right off hand). Oh well, I liked it but not enough to pay the new price they were asking.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Swampfox.I would not mess with that truck! for the prices they ask you deserve a Truck that hasn't been around the block SEVERAL times LOL

get a NEW truck with near zero miles and be happy! those miles that truck has will prolly take the fun out of buying a new truck,i Know it would for me!

beside the deals are only gonna get better on left over 2011's :~)

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only thing they can do to offset the price of a 0 mile truck would be to dip into there hold back,which they could do on a 0 mile truck too.When My cousin used to sell cars and they wanted to push a demo on some one that was looking at a similar vehicle with 0 miles on it they would just discount the 0 mile vehicle less to show the savings.Unless the vehicle matches what you want exactly or there are no other ones like it available you should just pass and find one with zero miles

·
Registered
691 Posts
would not let them sell it to you as though it were new. Those 5300 miles were not nice easy ones. It was on and off full throttle runs to "show" the customer the power and families crawling all over the leather looking at the truck.
This is really the only thing to think about IMHO and you should be able to see if the interior is OK,Far as the motor I feel they would have done you a favor if anything by driving the crap out of it LOL,I have always used mototune USA's method of break-In and have had Zero Issues! used it on 5 motorcycles a couple boat motors,and Four new trucks... heres the link!

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

The reason i said NOT to mess with it is mainly for the Money I feel YOU should be the one to pour the Coal to her,and if they aren't gonna Cut you no deal for the miles already on it Fork Em! to many trucks out there for that.... Get a Great Deal or walk! it's the LF way LOL

·
Registered
330 Posts
One thing I always tell dealers....

These trucks are not Ferrari's. They will always make more than they can sell and if you don't want to sell me yours for what I want to pay I will find someone who will.

It always works as long as your offer is fair. They need to make money, but not all from me. That demo truck...good job walking away. Obviously they think they have a truck that is more special than it really is.

You'll find one with 10 miles on it and you get to put those first 5,000 miles on her.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The only thing they can do to offset the price of a 0 mile truck would be to dip into there hold back,which they could do on a 0 mile truck too.When My cousin used to sell cars and they wanted to push a demo on some one that was looking at a similar vehicle with 0 miles on it they would just discount the 0 mile vehicle less to show the savings.Unless the vehicle matches what you want exactly or there are no other ones like it available you should just pass and find one with zero miles
They can dip into the hold back. My truck had a 1900 holdback. That seems like a lot to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
on a 60k truck it is probably $3000.00 to 3500.00 so they still made money!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Theres a dealer in texas that shows prices like this on a 2012 F350 king ranch srw

MSRP $64,830
$55,740
Our Price
You Save: $9,090

Thats with no negotiation:nod:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Vernon ford dodge.

It probably does include rebates, but with pricing like that, I would be looking at $15k off that demo with 5000 miles on it to make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
297 Posts
on a 60k truck it is probably $3000.00 to 3500.00 so they still made money!

Current Ford Holdback's are 3% of total MSRP (total window sticker price less destination and delivery) so on a truck with $60,000 window sticker price that includes ~$995 destination and delivery the holdback amount would be ~$1770.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts