What are y'all paying to get the transmission flushed? I got quoted $210 from Ford.
Thats not what the dealer does to "flush" the trans. Still have fluid in the TC you're not getting plus the lines and cooler. A flush pushes fluid through the system, not just draining it and filling it back up.on all ford diesels the trans pan gasket is reusable and there is a plug on the trans pan on all torque shift transmission...if you want to change out the fluid then you can go it this way but iam not sure if it replaces 100% of the fluid but i know it replaces a good amount.
- the filter on the frame rail ( the looks like toilet paper) My housing is gray. $33.00
- interal filter in the trans $38.00
- 10Qts of Mercon SP
- Drop the plug on the trans to drain out all thbe fluid
- Remove all 10mm bolts from the trans pan and drop the pan
- Clean the pan with brake parts cleaner
- Also clean the magnet that will be located inide the pan where the plug goes
- Dissamble the filter on the frame rail i believe its a 24mm and that will drop down.
- Clean that housing with parts cleaner
- swap out the O ring gasket on the filter housing and install new filter
- Just tighten it how you would with the oil filter
- Back to the trans there will be a black plastic interal filter that you can miss just pull down on that and it will come down.
- Then snap the new filter in the same place there are no bolts
- after cleaning the pain reinstall the pan and gasket (dont forget to put the magnet back in)
- Then put the plug back in double check everything
- Add 10 QTs of mercon SP fluid and run the truck check level and top off to proper level if needed.
I hope this helps some what