Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked my coolant this evening and noticed I puked an a$$ load recently. I drove it for the first time with the AC on on Saturday and of course I got on it hard like I always do. I'm not really too worried about it puking since I'm getting studded soon anyways but I wanna know if I can use this prestone 50/50 in my truck. thanks guys.

·
Registered
238 Posts
ya

No reason you couldn't

Could be something idk though

Hope This Helps
Kevin

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks kev

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Not sure about possible problems with the coolant, but why buy the 50/50? I know in my area, there is maybe $1 difference between it and the stuff you have to mix. So, you have 2 gallons of fluid for $1 or $2 more.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunno I guess I don't care about $1 or $2 bucks. I just need some coolant incase my truck drinks it up on my way back up to chico tomorrow. 3.5hr drive.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Nope your not suposed to. It calles for a special coolant call FORD GOLD.

yes there has been guys run green or yellow in there 6.0 but i wouldnt. I have been told by techs including Marc that nothing but gold needs to be run in the motor.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope your not suposed to. It calles for a special coolant call FORD GOLD.

yes there has been guys run green or yellow in there 6.0 but i wouldnt. I have been told by techs including Marc that nothing but gold needs to be run in the motor.
thanks slammed. I've got a voicemail into marc I'm just waiting for him to call me back. Good thing I kept the receipt. now I get to go spend double the money at the dealership. :doh: lol

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I used that same exact stuff in my truck but i was puking so bad it didnt even matter, I was topping off like every other day. if your puking bad it probably wont even matter!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well it's not that bad. it just randomly did it on the drive down from chico or when I took it out and turned the ac on on saturday. I drove around town a little bit tonight with the ac on and was ripping on it harder than I did saturday and there wasn't a drop. who knows. I'm not worried I scratch marc's back he scratches mine. I've actually been waiting for this thing to go so I have an actual reason to take it in ;)

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
thanks slammed. I've got a voicemail into marc I'm just waiting for him to call me back. Good thing I kept the receipt. now I get to go spend double the money at the dealership. :doh: lol
Its better to be safe then sorry.:wink[3]:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what was the word on this?
Marc said it's ok but he recommends the motorcraft gold. For my puking though he recommended I just throw tap water in from the hose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts