Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help guys I’m lost. 2004 f250 6.0. Bout a year ago had the engine gont through gaskets studs etc....so a few days ago I had an injector go out on me. The copper washer failed. So I buy a new oem injector and install it’s get the truck fired up and after about 5 minutes of running I notice a leak out of my degas bottle from one the hoses. Hook up a pressure gauge and it’s building 16psi and venting out of the cap like I have headgasket failure. Mind you this wasn’t happening before the new injector. Well I shut the truck off and today I go outside and try to start it up and it’s hydrolocked. So I pull the injector back out and free it up and I’m waiting until tomorrow to put it back together. So my question would be has anyone else had this experience? My coolant isn’t contaminated with fuel and neither is my oil at least not that I can see or smell. Would something as simple as my injector not sealing correctly put that much pressure into my coolant system without any type of contamination? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I’m lost at this point!

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Hydro locked with coolant? or fuel?

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
With fuel
Then you have a leaking injector tip

Replacing an injector should have nothing todo with pressure buildup in the degas bottle -- you sure this is not pre-existing?
Did the failure of the copper washer damage the injector cup at the bottom? -- is the surface smooth or eroded?
Curious why the copper washer failed in the first place -- incorrect installation? junk in the hold down threads? overheating?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure. The engine was completely rebuilt about a year ago. Never over heated. And from what I can tell the cup looks fine. I’m going to get an inspection camera today and see if I can get a better look down inside.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Sounds like you have two problems
Only way fuel can get into the combustion chamber is thru the injector tip or in these Fords, past the copper washer

Pressure in the coolant system
Cracked head, blown head gasket, cracked EGR cooler, cracked injector cup / with leaking copper washer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts