Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rice Hunter
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you 6.0L motor heads out there. Can Anyone tell me where this PFE Switch is located:dunno: Photos are appreciated:thumb:
Also can you tell me what's it's purpose is and what happens when one goes out. Thanks in advance for input!!

·
Rice Hunter
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ANYBODY???????
:bump::bump:

·
Rice Hunter
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got a part number for ya Scott
15C3Z*9J460*B Ford calls it Sensor Asy.
It's a hunch this sensor is causing my WHITE SMOKE ISSUES again.
This sensor was changed out back in April. Smoke cleared for a while. Came back shortly before the head gasket were changed out. Sorta comes and goes.......... Been smoking constant for a month. Seems ok at cold start up. Smokes heavy after a couple miles. Get on the interstate for 15 miles and get off and seems to clear up a bunch. Not Totally!! I Hate These Local Dealers In These Parts of VA. Not the friendly type N.C. has!!

·
Premium Member
9,383 Posts
Got a part number for ya Scott
15C3Z*9J460*B Ford calls it Sensor Asy.
It's a hunch this sensor is causing my WHITE SMOKE ISSUES again.
This sensor was changed out back in April. Smoke cleared for a while. Came back shortly before the head gasket were changed out. Sorta comes and goes.......... Been smoking constant for a month. Seems ok at cold start up. Smokes heavy after a couple miles. Get on the interstate for 15 miles and get off and seems to clear up a bunch. Not Totally!! I Hate These Local Dealers In These Parts of VA. Not the friendly type N.C. has!!
9j460 is the exhaust back pressure sensor , i find it hard to believe that would cause white smoke , im sure anything is possible , it is a 6.0 :hehe:, sorry , just kiddn , on a 06 model its located on the left side of the engine right under the degas bottle , has a 5/8 fitting screwed to the bottom of it and an 1 and 1/16 wrench for the sensor , slightly hard to get to loyd on that model , its a gold sensor with a 3 wire connector plugging into it

·
Rice Hunter
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Scott!! I'll take a peak next chance. My next guess is it is price like gold as well as it's color hu:hehe:

·
Rice Hunter
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OTAY......how much for a good'n
Any way of testing these hundoller gold thingies:tard:

·
Rice Hunter
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Killer!! Let me know..... especially under a hundred in gold.:thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
A little more info please!

I've been reading a little concerning the EBP sensor.

Can you please explain what it does under normal conditions, and what symptoms will show up if the sensor has gone bad?

I'm trying to diagnose a loss of power problem right now. Three separate dealers can't seem to cure it.

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.