So, I've been following and reading these forums for a long time (about 2 years... ever since I wanted an 2008-2010 Super Duty). Yes, I know this gets asked all the time, but rarely do people list what kind of health their truck is in or which warranty to get.
Now, I've come to that point where I have to decide what to do:
2008 F250 4x4 with 79,000 miles (put about 15k on it a year)
OASIS was clean (no issues)
Pretty easy on it besides city driving
I've had it for almost 16,000 miles and only had 3 issues:
1. One time (literally once), the trucked "bucked" hard at about 45 MPH like something was wrong with the trans and it failed to accelerate or respond to accelerator pedal. Did this for about 30 seconds. Parked it. Turned it back on... hasn't happened again (over 12,000 miles).
2. A/C turns off occasionally while previously on and will not blow air at all. Happened 3 times and each time was fixed by simply restarting the truck.
3. Under medium to heavy acceleration, black smoke out the tailpipe. Not smokescreen quality, but viewable in mirrors pretty easily.
So, what to do now?
Assuming I can get one of the following:
1. 2 yr 24K PremiumCare warranty
2. 2 yr 24K ExtraCare warranty
3. 3 yr 36K ExtraCare warranty
4. Delete EGR and DPF plus tuner and cross my fingers
What would you do? Thanks everyone.