Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading another thread and they said thumbs down on the post turbo pyro...

I bought my truck with the pyro already installed. How big a difference are we looking at with it after the turbo?

·
Hate stupid people
8,536 Posts
if i remember right, if its post turbo, then you should add atleast 200 degrees, i'm sure others will add in more positive info, but i'm still thinking its atleast that

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
At least 200 and a few seconds. :nod:. Plug the post and install the pre.:nod:

·
a known holder of grudges
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I get it in the manifold, or in the Y before the turbo?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Manifold is the best place.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I put mine in the manifold..... but what I'd really like to see (since I only have a 3 gauge pod ) is a pyrometer with 2 needles of different color and 2 thermocouples, one pre, one post. Anyone run across anything like that?

2,850 Posts
I put mine in the manifold..... but what I'd really like to see (since I only have a 3 gauge pod ) is a pyrometer with 2 needles of different color and 2 thermocouples, one pre, one post. Anyone run across anything like that?
I know some people have 2 egt gauges with one for each manifold so you could have a pre and post turbo if you wanted. I don't think you need a post turbo sensor though because by the time it gets hot the damage is done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts