Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to know the difference in them i was looking em up on ebay i seen that ppe has 10 levels of programs ranging from 20hp-40tq to 215hp and 397tq

what about sct i know alot of people us it but what kind of gains are you seeing with it? compared to what ppe claims?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
I can tell you right now those number are not true, at all. No way on stock injectors are you gonna get 215 additional horse. The injectors simply cant flow that much fuel.

If you really want to get the max power out of your truck, skip the generic tunes and get custom tunes.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
PPE isn't upgradeable and its not custom tunes for your truck.

SCT is upgradeable, so when you one day decide to get different injectors or a larger turbo, your SCT will still work, where the PPE will be trash. SCT=FTW

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Who cares if the PPE will put out that power, it useless when your tranny takes a crap on ya...

·
Registered
670 Posts
ppe rates their hp at the flywheel so its not that outrageous. Sct rates it at the wheels. if you figure a 25% drive line loss you come up with 161hp at the wheels. That doesnt seem impossible

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
true lol i was just wondering about it i seen it on ebay what kind of hp can you see out of a 6.0 with and sct exhaust and intake?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
a tuner intake an exhausts on a 6.0 with a xtreme power tune has put down 420hp

·
Registered
257 Posts
i think north american diesel performance in edmonton can get or do custom tunes for ppe im sure it says that in there flyer

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have rcd's tunes and love them, I just ordered a couple from ID, and I have some from cale, I havent put much time in on cales yet.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Ppe for the power stroke is poor pitufl excuse.... Most tuners offer hot tunes and a properly tuned sct will walk a ppe tuned powerstroke. Now put a ppe on a duramax and it might be different if he can keep the tranny and the front end together

1 - 16 of 16 Posts