1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I have wondered the same thing and ofter thought about it. But in the long run I figured he was an idiot anyway so I wouldnt try it.

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
ehhh ive heard different things about him

some of the stuff he says to do is DOWNRIGHT STUPID
but some of the other things are correct

·
Registered
856 Posts
the best advice u will ever get from Bill Hewitt: the three F's, fluids, filters, and fuel. this is some of the best advice for any diesel owner, it will save you alot of headaches down the road.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
This exact question has been covered in another thread you might search for it..:nod:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
That works. But make sure you dont go too big and weaken the bolt.

The 6.0 guys have an advantage. the 6.4 banjo bolts fit our trucks and do the same thing as what he's talking about

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ive wondered too about this mod over the last few days. Does anyone have a link to the forums about the outcome of this mod?
Imo this mod might possibly give a quicker throttle repsponse at the bottom and high ends on a stock injecr's, without eating any extra fuel.
re: Hewitt ive learned alot about my powerstroke 7.3 and how to with his videos than anyone or any read on the net. I cant find any reason not to like his how to videos....

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
I know that most of you are not big fans of Mr. Hewitt but I was just on his site and watched his 7.3 High Performance Fuel System video were he drills the hole bigger on the bolts that feed fuel into the heads and I am wondering if it is worth dong? :dunno: POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners
ive always heard good chit about him.course i cant read all that well.why? what has he said that is bad? i watched his vids and took some advice from it,this was when i was first gettin into the tech side of psd's.

·
Registered
379 Posts
He always gets clowned on this site, but I think MOST of the stuff on the site is helpful. IMO...

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
He always gets clowned on this site, but I think MOST of the stuff on the site is helpful. IMO...
That is just bad. We know him personally and to say he is a nice guy is an understatment. My FICM took a dump on me the day before we left on vacation and he brought us a new one so we could get on the road. Outstanding guy in my book. :thumb:

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
That is just bad. We know him personally and to say he is a nice guy is an understatment. My FICM took a dump on me the day before we left on vacation and he brought us a new one so we could get on the road. Outstanding guy in my book. :thumb:
same here,i aint never heard anything bad bout the guy..hell,the dip stick o-ring on my truck was leakin and i would have surley dropped the metal peice down in my oil pan had it not been for his vids:thumb:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Its his upgrades that seem well bad. But his tech advice is pretty good. Sometimes a little over the top and unnecessary he seems to want you to worry to much that is what I have noticed.

I have never meet the guy but I just am not fond of the videos.

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
This is a PERFECT example of why not to listen to to this "bumpkin" :)

In his uneducated eye, he sees a 1/4" line go to 1/8th" holes.... BUT there are 4 holes!!!!!

FOUR 1/8th" HOLES WILL FLOW EVERYTHING a 1/4" hole can deliver!

Think of the work it's going to be to do this useless mod. He has you spending Hours getting the bolts out (do you really think Fords engineers wouldn't have chosen to use bigger holes in that bolt if there was Any possibility it would restrict fuel delivery?) for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON :(

I love lots of his videos, Very educational, but the guys just So Far OFF on So Much of the Stupid $hit he says......

Did you see the one where he has you heat your hub studs Cherry Red to get them out? You think this hick ever heard of metallurgy & heat treating?

Watch the videos, but NEVER take ANYTHING he says as fact without double checking elsewhere....

Bill The BOOB ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts