Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i was out playing around and found a crew cab duramax that has an edge box and 4 in exhaust, myself i am running a 6.0 litre crew cab long bed with a sct tuner with looney wild and 4 inch to 6in stacks on mine by the way love the sound. neways so we went a few rounds and the my result was if my powerstroke can keep it from roasting even in 4wd icould was at least staying even. now idk how many out there have a raced a duramax chipped so i was wondering is this good that i was running even with him or should i have been able to do better.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
It depends on what year it was, but the Duramaxs have crazy horsepower and torque with those simple upgrade. Are you and auto? Was he?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Duraturds run pretty good, I would be glad if I stayed w/him. At least he didn't spank ya, Because then you would have never heard the end of it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(It depends on what year it was, but the Duramaxs have crazy horsepower and torque with those simple upgrade. Are you and auto? Was he?)

i have an automatic and he was also an auto his year of truck was an 07 crew cab short bed we both launched from 4 wheel drive. he complimented the truck that he loved the sound he said hes never ran a 6.0 thats kept up with him he thought i had more done to it so i figured i did well.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah btw mine is an 04 stroker

·
Registered
189 Posts
my buddy has a 03 duramax lift on 37s stock gearing, stock tranny, with just a intake exhaust and a PPE chip and i can't even think about staying with him they are very fast

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i guess i should feel really good about what i was able to do then huh sweeettttneeessssssss

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Damn, i keep hearing more and more about how we our trucks are the slowest....

what was IH thinking not going common rail injection!?!? but im upset that i have to break bank for the next few years to get my truck FAST ENOUGH
excuse spelling haha its way to early for me.

good job keepin up! must be a real fast truck you got there!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you i appreciate it around here its dodge cummins evrythings dodge i hate it my truck was keeping up witha 24 valve stacked chip dodge with 80 hp injectors and that was when it was stock now the guy wont race me i must have gotten one of the better 6.0s because knock on wood i havent had any problems except the damn egr valve which i m boutto delete the cooler i think neways soo my goal is to build a 6.0 truck to throw back in all the cummins guys s face around here

·
Registered
983 Posts
nice..not to bust your bubble but the Edge isn't the best tuning for the Duramax so if he had EFILive,ATS E-Power or PPE you wouldn't have stayed with him but for now i would chalk it a kill or at least a parcial kill..the one thing the Duramax has for over the PSD that it usually weighs a good 400 pounds lighter apple to apple plus having the CR injection realy helps with the HP gains.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
nice..not to bust your bubble but the Edge isn't the best tuning for the Duramax so if he had EFILive,ATS E-Power or PPE you wouldn't have stayed with him but for now i would chalk it a kill or at least a parcial kill..the one thing the Duramax has for over the PSD that it usually weighs a good 400 pounds lighter apple to apple plus having the CR injection realy helps with the HP gains.
have you ever friven a psd? if so how do you think it compares to the dmax towing,honest opinion? with your dmax whats the most you have towed and what speeds were you able to hold up hills and such,thank in advance.:)

·
Registered
983 Posts
the most i towed with my truck was when i cam back from FL with a 1466 International tractor on a 26FT flat deck trailer that weighed almost 6,000 by itself plusd the tractor weighed 15,000 then i had 2 quads on it plus a bunch of fruit that i got while i was in FL altogether i would say i weighed 25,000-30,000 pounds gross and i didn't find a truck that could run with me coming up I-77 out of the south..i luv my truck by i respect the CTD and PSD because theres good and bad in all.i have towed with the PSD and i was never impressed power wise.sorry but thats my honest opinion

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i will have to say that dmax impressed me the only reason i wont get a chevy is because the ifs system i hate em and i already did a straight axle swap on one chevy of mine and i aint goin to buy a 40000 truck and have to put another 10 in suspension work on it but if it didnt have ifs i think chevy would have me specially after this weekend

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
my buddy has a 03 duramax lift on 37s stock gearing, stock tranny, with just a intake exhaust and a PPE chip and i can't even think about staying with him they are very fast
I was glad (so to speak) to see that you were running a 7.3. My friend across the street drives a 2003 DMax and can't even think about keeping up with my 6.0. Both are bone stock crew cabs. Until GM moved to the HO 6.6 they were playing catch up with the 6.0. At this point I'm just wondering what the 6.4 or the newer one slated for 2010 is really going to be all about.

Honestly I don't care too much if I can beat the others while drag racing (just so long as they don't blow my doors off :)) but how well it tows, what kind of fuel economy it gets and how durable it is. Pretty simple I think and all three at this stage provide a good entry into the small diesel market. The 6.4 fuel economy is a bit scarey however. Anybody know what the other DPF equiped diesels are getting for mileage?

Ken....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry to burst your bubble man i am running a 6.0 litre i love it havent had any problems at all and i am over 100000 miles on it

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh sry man i didnt see you were replying to the other guy imma dumbass now lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts