Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03, 6.0l, super cab, short bed, 4x4, with a 3:73 gear, strait piped, with innovative street tune. VS 04, crew cab, long bed, dually, 4:10 gear, strait piped, cai, fass lift pump, and a smarty also he has a stock trans. am i light enough to beat him, even though he is making more power? Also what would happen after i do head studs, egr delete, and Erics extreme tune, and he dose a trans?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
It will be a close race, I'm not sure how your street tunes but I have taken a couple of dodges with the smartys with the looney tune... And I am alot heavier.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he said he raced an sct tuned cc sb and just walked away. but every time i ride in the truck when he has his tuner cranked up his trans always slips. so i figured that it was a bs race or the kid realy didn't know how to drive the stroke.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
plus you have the good year 6.0 as far as hp. think they made just a tad more in that year. thats what i was told anyway

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we raced once before he had a edge ez (about 70hp 220ftlb) and a strait pipe. mine was bone stock and he only beat me by 1 truck length.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
smokeshow101 in your sig it says rcd built your trans, how is there shop and staff i am only 2 hours north and was thinking going down there to visit and maybe getting them to tune my truck do they have a dyno?

·
Registered
437 Posts
when I had the truck in my sig I raced my buddy that had a 05 crew cab short box dodge, smarty, afe, inter cooler(not sure what kind) banks ram air, exhaust, manual trans.. and he beat me by a truck length.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well we finally raced, he had his on his 90hp tune, i was on my economy, both launched in 2x4 from a dig i would pull on him very slowly, from a 30 roll i walked him. he is putting his $6,000 custom tranny in as i post this, stay posted for a race with me on street, him on his highest setting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.