Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the verge of finally buying a new truck. Been a Cummins guy forever. I'm looking for something new, and with a bigger cab so I'm switching. One thing I have not discussed is sound of the PS vs Cummins. I'm looking at doing a 5" exhaust with the deletes and just curious what I can expect.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Because I run commercially, I just swapped a straight pipe in for the Cat/DPF/DEF section of my exhaust. It keeps the stock tail pipe, just one less thing for DOT to look at and wonder about. That being said, I love how this thing sounds. Having had Cummins motors as well, I honestly think that at the tip, it sounds like a cross between a CR Cummins with a V8 big lock style lope to it. The best thing is that, inside the truck, you dont have the Cummins drone that usually accompanies a straight pipe on a Dodge. It still sounds quiet and stock inside until you really get into the go pedal. Just my 2¢.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
455 Posts
I honesty like the sound of a 24v 5.9 Cummins over any diesel... then the 7.3L which has a motor and exhaust sound and I have stacks so i get a deep gurgle/ rasp but the sound of the turbo when the motor idles down is the best!! Then the 6.0 sounds like a jet which i think is cool... the 6.4L have an ok exhaust sound kinda like the 6.0... I have not heard the new 6.7L with exhaust yet because most are still under warranty...

The sound of a 7.3L motor with its single or split shot injection to make the motor have that old diesel sound is my favorite... The new 6.7L has a multi sequential injection system that makes the diesel so quite that you can barely tell its a diesel.... ... and I dont know much about the 6.7L cummins or sounds...

youtube the motors... see the difference between straight and stacks

·
Registered
200 Posts
The 6.7 will sound like a v8 gasser, you will hear the turbo in the cab but it won't be a high whistle like a cummins is will sound different, but not bad by any means. Honestly the 6.7 sounds like it has more balls than the cummins, and the truth be told it does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts