Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and have just bought my first psd...I am having an issue with random shutdowns and starting issues.
Little background..2002 f250 7.3l psd single cab 3.73 gears.
I have been driving regularly and had a problem that every 3-4 days my truck when at warm temps will either stall while driving and not be able to start until waiting an hour or so, or when shut down then won't again until the same waiting period. I have replaced the cam position sensor and will be installing a new icp sensor. But wanted to know if anyone thought maybe it could be the ipr or the idm? These are all ideas that techs have given me. I would rather not throw any more money away if I didnt need to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You might want to check fuel pressure while driving if it drop out I would do a restriction test on fuel system, if fuel pressure good may want to build a tool to check pressure on pump got most part at local hydraulic hose repair shop for less than 100 will at it u can air test heads with valve cover off and see if some injector seals are leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd also replace CPS one more time. I've personally replaced several in a row before having one that worked. :doh:

Travis

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I'd say replace the CPS again but first:
have you noticed any specific conditions of when it shuts down?
How does it run the rest of the time?
any mods?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts