Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i am new to the powerstroke world and dont really know much about what to do to get easy horsepower i got a ts 6 position chip and the ziener diode mod. I was wondering if there were any little mods like the zeiner diode to gain easy and fast horsepower if anyone knows any of these please post them but explain how to do them or make them work..

·
Registered
555 Posts
First you are going to want to fill out your signiture, so people reading your questions will know what truck you have, with what engine, and mods already done.

You are going to want to read through forums such as this one... http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/7-3-mod-help/
and do the thing that fit what you are looking to do. Those are mods for the 7.3.

Welcome to the .org and good luck with your truck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man i just want to know how to do the foil delete and some other easy mods to gain power so i was wanting some help if there are any links to upgrades please post them for me to read.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The foil delete will not give you any more power. It just looks better, and some say you can hear the turbo a little better. Just start peeling the foil off, and take a razor blade and scrap till you get it clean. I did it, and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. The AIH is cheap, and it gives you better airflow. The 10k mod gives you better throttle respond. some say it doesn't with the chip, but i did the mod anyways. You can mod the IDM, thats good for 20hp, but be carefully, you have to unsolder, and solder in a resister, i was going to do that, but when i found out how much a new IDM is, and the parts in there are so small, i said i'm not going to take a chance. You could also do the FPR shim, that gives you more fuel pressure, but you should have a gauge when you do this, cause you don't want your pressure to high. You can get those gauges that go under the hood, its gives you better throttle respond, i don't know about hp. you can unplug your wastegate, less turbo lag. thats all i can think of now, anymore questions just ask:thumb:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome.

What is your budget? Is your chip a TS chip or one with custom tuning?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks man alot the foil delete is easier than i thought and the glue was not that bad to get off what is the IAH mod though i got the 10k mod and IDM is fixed to with my wastegate unplugged and i can get about 26 psi out of my stock turbo with the edge evo in it. Is there anything else you can think of that might help some i would like to know thanks

·
Banned
722 Posts
whats the zeiner diode mod?

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
This is a very confusing thread..........

You will not get power from the zener diode, it is a map fooler.
No added power from foil delete. (already said)
10K don't bother if you're chipped (already said)
You said you had a ts 6 position, then you said you had an EVO. You hae the EVO in you're sig.
You posted looking for mods @1:10 pm and then by 5:58 you had already done the 10K mod and the foil delete, and the IDM fixed?? (and zoodad possibly?) with no powerstroke knowledge or experience?
It looks like you've done a lot of the 'free' mods already, but you could try the FPR shim.
IMO you need to do an intake and gauges before you continue. Maybe you have gauges, where are you getting you're boost reading from?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is the FPR shim and yes i have alot of knowledge about a diesel truck i just didnt know any easy or free mods to help some yes i have gauges already installed on my truck as well. So is there anything else you can tell me

·
Registered
511 Posts
Where did the EVO go?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts