Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys drive both right and left hand models or just right hand factory trucks?

J

·
Registered
271 Posts
Do you guys drive both right and left hand models or just right hand factory trucks?

J
Just RHD mate, they have to be over 30yrs old I think to be legally driven LHD

·
Registered
123 Posts

J
They are all RHD and come out of Brazil,they stoped bringing these trucks in to Aus in 05 i think (someone will chime in if I'm wrong) any truck that is LHD is a direct import in which they are converted to RHD once they get here:nod:

·
Registered
51 Posts
They are all RHD and come out of Brazil,they stoped bringing these trucks in to Aus in 05 i think (someone will chime in if I'm wrong) any truck that is LHD is a direct import in which they are converted to RHD once they get here:nod:
Previous generations of the full-size Ford trucks had been made locally in Australia, resorting to the same engines from the Falcon, while some versions with larger engines had been sourced from Canada before the introduction of the Super Duty which had been sourced from Brazil. When it comes to LHD, it's surrounded by many unaccurate info. Some sources claim that second-hand imports newer than '88 won't be allowed to remain LHD even in case they turn 30-years old before being imported to Australia.

When it comes to Super Duty, the F-250 sourced from Brazil had been available with the Brazilian MWM 4.2L straight-6 turbodiesel only with manual transmissions, the 5.4L Triton V8 only with automatic transmission and the 7.3L Power Stroke with both manual and automatic transmissions available, while the F-350 had been only fitted with the Power Stroke and both transmission options. IIRC the 2WD ones fitted with the Power Stroke had been available only with the automatic, while the 4WD had both the manual and the automatic options. Any other engine is a grey-import. What did surprise me at first was the availability of the 7.3 in Australia after 2001 while the U.S.-spec had switched to the 6.0, but not just Australian emission regulations weren't as tight as American ones, the 7.3 was also made locally in Brazil (the factory where it used to be made is near my hometown).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts