Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck originally died while driving (absolutely no warning), Replaced the crank shaft sensor and kept on rolling (knew a couple injectors were going bad). Drove for a couple months and just started losing power til it died. Replaced all injectors, HPOP (replaced 2x's first one was bad)$$$$, ICP, Oil cooler, Have had FICM checked, Have had the low pressure oil pump checked appears ok. After all of this it started and ran for about 8 blocks and then just shut down for no apparent reason.. it cranks but wont start, replaced ICP again (just in case). WE are all out of ideas and now my car was totaled I NEED my truck!!! Any suggestions. I have thrown a ton of money at this and am going crazy.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Your did not mension fuel pressure numbers..... That's what it sounds like to me by just guessing with the information providing. Get some fuel pressure readings:)

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
First thing I would do is get some kind of a monitor on the truck.

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Since you have had the h p oil system open, might I suggest removing the injection pressure regulator to check the screen on it for damage or pieces of garbage stuck to it. If the screen has a pinhole in it, or is dented inwards, it would be a good idea to replace the regulator. If there is a little debris on the screen, and the screen otherwise looks ok, you can probably get by with a re-screening kit.
Use caution when sticking the new screen on. It must go on straight and square and you get just one shot at it. If the screen goes on crooked, you may have distorted the thin plastic that it is made of, which could cause it to not seal properly or come off.
I am on my phone and fighting a losing battle with auto correct

1 - 5 of 5 Posts