Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im building up my 84 F150 witch has the venerable 300 i6, i thought about cutting up and welding together multiple 6.7 heads into one like how the Cleveland heads can be welded together, my goal is to improve the overall power band, be streetable and daily capable, better efficiency, and the uniqueness, now im not afraid of tackling the the 6.4 heads or the 6.0 heads if those are an option, but the big thing that caught my attention is that the 6.7 is a pushrod 32 valve, witch is ideal for my pushrod i6, any info helps, im gonna see if my local autoshop carries the head gaskets for the 6.7 if not goto a ford dealer and see

·
Premium Member
10,757 Posts
Custom costs money, time, effort, more money, more time, more effort, more money.....then maybe success.

Get a crate 7.3L motor....soon to be the biggest baddest modded gasser Ford has put in a box for the masses.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Custom costs money, time, effort, more money, more time, more effort, more money.....then maybe success.

Get a crate 7.3L motor....soon to be the biggest baddest modded gasser Ford has put in a box for the masses.
an engine swap isnt an option i will go for, im doing something unique, this is why im doing my research before spending a penny, the i6 i love and enjoy aswell as you cant beat it in reliability its just impossible, i love v8s but the i6 design is far simpler, im already going to triple turbo the truck, ill probably end up just porting and polishing the stock head, but if can make a 24 valve head money and time arent an issue

·
Premium Member
10,757 Posts
Good luck to you. More moxie than me to weld two sections together to get 6 cylinders covered. Not to mention making it all run right. Wish I had that kind of attention span.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well aslong as coolant oil and the valves lineup good ill do it otherwise if oil and coolant work ill pass

·
Premium Member
9,420 Posts
don't want to sound rude (i don't really know you and all lol) but i gotta be honest. I'll believe when I see it... All that work to just improve an 300ci straight 6 in a f150? Why not build up the straight 6 by itself or contact a shop that specializes in them? That would be a huge undertaking to "weld" to heads together, all that extra machining afterwards and then praying it all works in the end? May want to make an account on powersrtokearmy too as they are hardcore for performance and may have more helpful information with the 6.7l heads.

I've heard of welding two heads together but never seen it in person before. Be interesting for sure esp if you keep us updated with pics and progress.

Found this but its probably already something you looked into: Building The Ford 300 Inline 6 Unkillable Engine For Power And Performance In 3 Easy Steps

specific forum for the straight six too: 300 Six 425 HP - FordSix Performance Forum

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't want to sound rude (i don't really know you and all lol) but i gotta be honest. I'll believe when I see it... All that work to just improve an 300ci straight 6 in a f150? Why not build up the straight 6 by itself or contact a shop that specializes in them? That would be a huge undertaking to "weld" to heads together, all that extra machining afterwards and then praying it all works in the end? May want to make an account on powersrtokearmy too as they are hardcore for performance and may have more helpful information with the 6.7l heads.

I've heard of welding two heads together but never seen it in person before. Be interesting for sure esp if you keep us updated with pics and progress.

Found this but its probably already something you looked into: Building The Ford 300 Inline 6 Unkillable Engine For Power And Performance In 3 Easy Steps

specific forum for the straight six too: 300 Six 425 HP - FordSix Performance Forum
Well if the coolant ports and such don't match up with the gasket for the 300 I'm not gonna bother, I'll check out powerstrokearmy, as for ford six performance I have a thread on there with my build details,
I'm doing. Triple Turbo i6 that will rev to about 6500rpm, gonna be a show/daily/cruiser and I want something unique, and I love the sound of an inline more so than a v8

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,761 Posts
the ford 300 I6 already has a huge aftermarket presence to include head swaps.

if you want an inline that makes a cool sound, put a cummins or some other brand diesel in it. cat, kubota, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the ford 300 I6 already has a huge aftermarket presence to include head swaps.

if you want an inline that makes a cool sound, put a cummins or some other brand diesel in it. cat, kubota, etc.
i like how cheap the truck is to run, i dont want to be spending a lot on parts that will be hard or really expensive after initial build, i want this to be unique and i want to build it for myself, i dont want a swap of any other engine because then its not going to be as unique, LS swap, 5.0, 302, etc.... now i know your gonna rarely see any of the other diesels but also rarely the i6, the diesels cant rev past 5000 rpm safely, i already have the 3/8 pushrods, roller rockers etc... im gonna triple turbo it, all in all, i dont care for the struggle, the end goal is what im after ill climb whatever mountain necessary to make it happen, if the powerstroke head doesnt match up ill just work on the stock head and reinforce it etc.... and port n polish, i want something that can be both tame and a street demon, basically im building my dream truck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now when built (with really really deep pockets yes i know the diesels can rev past 5k but im not in a race team sponsored by people or have all the money in the world to spend 100k being to rev that high, my budget is 15K

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So running triple turbos on an old I-6 is cheap??? BTW the 7.3L I'm speaking of is a gasser motor.
i got the turbos for 100$ each and yes i know about the 7.3 gas, my goal is to get highway gas mileage and have some good top end as well so im not in continuous boost, im welding all my piping myself and tuning myself the only thing im not doing myself is the dyno runs, im running about 1100$ in parts currently to do this and i have a donor truck for my intake setup witch is the efi i6 for 1987, i built a proper running turbo ranger for 900$ i can link you to my youtube channel to check that out if you like, the donor truck was origionally gonna be triple turbo but i decided on the 84

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,761 Posts
there's nothing tame about triple turbos. now would it be very streetable without being detuned a lot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there's nothing tame about triple turbos. now would it be very streetable without being detuned a lot.
im gonna run electronic wastegate and a single unified blow off valve, i will be buying an MS3 and running port injection for control, ill also have my wideband equipment ready, but the big point im trying to get to is if anyone has the info to what the dimension on the PS6.7 head is

·
Premium Member
10,757 Posts
I heard methanol in there.....LOL...Good luck to ya. I don't need the YouTube link, but hey don't let me stop you. No one here is going to drop the specifics data points for your question. That's just too deep for most people.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I heard methanol in there.....LOL...Good luck to ya. I don't need the YouTube link, but hey don't let me stop you. No one here is going to drop the specifics data points for your question. That's just too deep for most people.
i was just hoping to be able to get a solid answer just for the measurements of the bore spacing and such

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the heads match up better than LS or cleveland heads but needs to have two blocks of iron/steel welded to the side of the block for two head bolts, ill be getting a passenger side head to be able to compare to the block, im gonna use that gasket lube for marking out how much to port n polish to see what the dimensions are that need adjusting etc... does anyone know what the stock flow numbers are for the ports?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts