Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have raced a few and came out ahead every time..

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
They were 3rd gen. and one 2nd gen. I dont know what they had but they blew smoke..lol

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I have seriously raced five Cummins with my truck. This was before my lift and tires and while I was also running a very hot file from [email protected] (that eventually the truck couldn't handle anymore. Broke three injectors, HPOP, Fuel Pump, etc.).

Race#1: 2005 2500: Bullydog Triple Dog w/high horsepower crazy larry setting, intake, exhaust, boost fooler, and pusher pump.

Outcome: 4x4 boosted launch. Jumped out two trucks, he gained one back on me but then that is where we stayed till about 75 mph.

Race#2: 2004 2500: Intake & Exhaust.
(My truck was stock at the time)

Outcome: Started at a 25mph roll. Both got on it, by 60 mph I was ahead by half a truck length then we both let off.

Race#3: '98 2500: Turbo, Injectors, Intake, Exhaust, Clutch, etc. (Truck is fast, sub 13's at the track)

Outcome: Jumped him from the start (4x4 launch) by about a truck length, but he quickly relled me back in. Leaving me probably 3-4 trucks behind at probably 70mph.

Race#4: 2005 2500: Tripledog w/CL, intake, exhaust.

Outcome: Started at 30mph roll. I pulled him from the third honk all the way to 80mph. Finished 2-2.5 truck lengths ahead.

Race#5: '98? 2500: Twined, big sticks, ic, ported heads, you name it, etc. (VERY fast truck)

Outcome: Started from a 25mph roll. He pulled me through every gear, ended up atleast 6 lengths behind him lol.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Yea, good and friendly. I am friends with the owners of those trucks. But now with the lift and tires I will be forced to watch the races lol, don't want to embarrass myself.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I haven't raced a cummins here. All the ones here have bunch of money stuck in their tail pipes lol.

One day I hope, I'll be running with the big dogs :p

·
Registered
929 Posts
i have raced 2 2nd gen cummins with my 06 they were stock and so am i. it was very easy to beat them. i raced a 06 cummins 6 speed stock we were neck and neck to about 95 and then shut down

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
i havent got beat my a cummins yet.... but around here for some reason or another its the dmaxes and powerstrokes that are all modded out. the dodges just blow alot of smoke and go nowhere slow

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ive beat a few and lost a few, its all about money, but my powerstroke will beat my cummins for sure!! haha

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I've raced two cummins, the first was a 2001 with a bully dog and a six speed. We started at a dead stop, and let off at about 85. Won by about three truck lengths. The second was a 07 with a bully dog, intake, exhaust and the six speed. It was also from a dead stop, I preloaded the turbo in 4x4 and left him by about 4 truck lengths and by the time I got into over drive he blew past me probably going 15 mph faster than I was. Those common rail cummins are pretty fast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts