Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum but not to wrenching.

I have a 06 6.0 PSD that has everything done, egr, oil cooler, powerstroke performace heads, studs you name it.

I have a powermax turbo with the stock compressor wheel, Everything i've read about it have said the dual plane wheel sucks. The question is what wheel would be the best? KC turbos compressor wheel for $190 or a Wicked wheel 2 for $259. these are the only ones i have been looking at right now.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

·
Vendor
12,879 Posts
KC Turbo wheel for the win. Turbos are completely their thing, and 6.0 chargers is their really big niche that sets them aside from other turbo shops.

https://cncfab.us/i-30497772-kc-turbos-03-07-6-0l-billet-compressor-wheel-300108.html

I have one in my '05 shop truck along with the 10 blade turbine. Very happy with it. I dont have a Pmax though, so I cannot honestly say 100%, but you definitely cant go wrong with any of their products.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum but not to wrenching.

I have a 06 6.0 PSD that has everything done, egr, oil cooler, powerstroke performace heads, studs you name it.

I have a powermax turbo with the stock compressor wheel, Everything i've read about it have said the dual plane wheel sucks. The question is what wheel would be the best? KC turbos compressor wheel for $190 or a Wicked wheel 2 for $259. these are the only ones i have been looking at right now.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated, thanks.
IMO the billet wheel isn’t that noticeable of an upgrade. The altas 40 ficm tune was more noticeable and worthwhile upgrade

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
A billet wheel isn’t going to give you the performance boost you may think. While a billet wheel may have a better profile and be slightly less weight, it will flow more air compared to the stock wheel. However the major difference between a single plane and dual plane is that a single plane will spool faster whilst a dual plane will flow more air up top. It’s all a game of give and take.

If you’re wanting a worthwhile upgrade that will give a noticeable improvement, anything tuning related even if it is the same setup from one tuning shop to the next, your truck will run differently and most likely give you better performance than a billet wheel will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts