Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok after about a week delay getting a good batmo I finally got one and installed it. The first batmo come in with two bent fins on the exducer where someone when nuts when balancing with a scotbrite pad and hit the fins. Well I was able to remove and install the turbo without removing power to the system so I didn't have to go through a relearn. I just removed the alt cable, taped it and moved it to a safe place. Installing the wheel was straight forward. I removed the turbine housing and the compressor housing, loosened the compressor wheel and installed the new one to 200 in/lbs. After some road time I have to say over egts are down although I haven't been able to get a good WOT run to compare. Also I'll be getting mileage results over the next week to see how they fare. when rolling 55 and going WOT instead of black rolling out the pipe it's now more of a dark haze then clears up quicker than the stock wheel. below is what I'm seeing egt and cruise wise, I'll update this thread with WOT results and mileage over the week.

8/26 edit
Ok this wheel makes enough of a change that it forced a relearn for TCM for the trans mission and even the ECM for boost/fueling. After 80 plus miles the trans seems to have figured it out and it shifts better than ever. Also the boost/fueling has changed in a way that it's better than stock and when it lights hang on. There doesn't seem to be that difference that there use to be between lit and non lit more linier like a stock turbo.

All comparisons taken while running Innovative diesel's Moderate FICM tune (40hp) and Aggressive Street ECM tune.

Stock wheel cruise
70mph [email protected]*F 4-5psi

Batmo wheel cruise
70mph [email protected]*F 4-5psi

Stock wheel WOT
[email protected]*f

Batmo wheel WOT
[email protected]*F

Stock wheel HWY mileage (avg) hand calculated
21mpg

batmo wheel HWY mileage (avg) hand calculated
???

Stock wheel MAF observed g/s max
425g/s

Batmo wheel MAF observed g/s max
440g/s

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
updated with WOT runs in the same area the same way with the same ambient temps.

I also added the hwy mileage for the stock wheel

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Can you feel any power gains at all? I just installed some steed speed manifolds and my egts dropped from the 1300s to 1190 max wot

Thinking of this batmo not certain yet though

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you feel any power gains at all? I just installed some steed speed manifolds and my egts dropped from the 1300s to 1190 max wot

Thinking of this batmo not certain yet though
off idle response and cruise response is better. the lower rpms in general feel better than before like the torque curve has pick up on the bottom and flattened out over all.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice man can't wait to see if mpg change
yea it would be nice if HWY would get better but I just don't think that will happen. Now I would like to see combined (CTY+HWY) get better, at the moment that is hovering right around 14-14.5. with the stock turbo, stock IC, and stock intake I was 15.5-16 combined and hwy 21.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts